R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default first run on my losi 2.0 rtr

I just thought i would give a little review of the losi 2.0 rtr for the guys who are looking to get into the sport. first the breakin of the motor was fairly easy i heated the motor up to around 150-200 degrees before i started it and it cranked right up idle to three tanks very easly the run in was pretty simple as well. running wise the motor is pretty strong it had good tourge and a pretty decend top end it cleared a 30-35 foot triple with now trouble and out of corners with some decent snap and i was getting around 8 minutes a tank around 230 degrees and the only prooblems i had was the stock 270 servo went out but i didnt expect it to last to long anyways and the fly wheel come loose but other than that the car was great the stock setup is pretty good it has 40 weight shock oil front and rear and 5,5,3 in the diffs. this is the first rtr buggy i have bought i usually buy kits and build them but this was a good bang for the buck and the radio is really nice i love the fact it tell you how fast you go lol. i hope this helps people that is what this hobby is about and i hope it always will.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #2

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

leave it alone too, its disturbing how good the buggy is from the box. i have folks scratchin their heads over my qual times the 1st 2 races. and the motor only gets quicker. ton of pinch now doesnt it? i put in a brace of 8800s from word go. no faith in those stock units. send em back to horizon. lotta times they'll give u the next servo up as an apology though. get the losi lipo (and thus regulator), it lasts so much longer than the big hump pack its not funny.

good luck with it, its a hoot

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

This is the buggy that I'm looking at getting or should I say going to get. I've been into R/C cars for a while but wasn't ever really good at tuning so I kind of quite for a while. Now I'm goin to get back in and not quite this time. Presently I have a Ultra Comp Buggy and a T-maxx 3.3. All though they are good for bashing and just running around I'm looking at getting one that is good for racing. I have looked and asked around and everyone says this is a good buggy to get. I have been wanting to get an Eight for a while but with this package I don't think I could go wrong.
Tate72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Tech Elite

i really think it can not be beat for the price and what comes with it.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
i really think it can not be beat for the price and what comes with it.
+1 i think Losi did their homework on the ready to run on both buggy and truggy just glad they do away with shaft starts
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

As I wrote in another thread, Im a Mugenite, and my buddy bought the T rtr and i was really impressed, and have been thinking about getting the buggy rtr myself, and from my reasearch, it seems as though i will have to add this to my stable.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have driven both race roller (mine) and another racers rtr 2.0 bug and it was pretty good. He had a Orion servo in the steering but that's it. It was alittle "numb" compared to my car, less steering and not as edgy to the race roller but overall it's a impressive package. I thought the body looked great to for a rtr job.

I am a fast driver so maybe a beginner wouldn't notice but surely they would prolly go faster with the Rtr 2.0 due to it's smoother numb-er feel out of the box.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
Tech Elite

yeah it only comes with 2 aluminum clutch shoes i went ahead and put to carbon on it as well with green springs and it made a good difference in how the motor come out of the whole it could use the rear green shock springs as well i drove my freinds 2.0 pro and it had a grp on it and it was real good but i dont think they were to much of a difference in turn in on his and my rtr except is servos was higher end.