Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
ninja jx21 / VZB World II >

ninja jx21 / VZB World II

ninja jx21 / VZB World II

Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default ninja jx21 / VZB World II

Piston, sleeve and rod what are he differences.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Piston, sleeve and rod what are he differences.
The piston would be the same.

Perhaps the rod is the same - it would be a difference between having a little lubrication hole near the bushing on the rod, or not having the hole. That's the difference between the V-Spec rod and Speed rod, anyway.

Of the three components you brought up, I imagine the porting on the sleeve is where the bigger difference is. And I'm just guessing about that.

You didn't bring up the bearings or shaft, and I'm guessing you know about those differences.

I don't know how much help I was.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by markr04
The piston would be the same.

Perhaps the rod is the same - it would be a difference between having a little lubrication hole near the bushing on the rod, or not having the hole. That's the difference between the V-Spec rod and Speed rod, anyway.

Of the three components you brought up, I imagine the porting on the sleeve is where the bigger difference is. And I'm just guessing about that.

You didn't bring up the bearings or shaft, and I'm guessing you know about those differences.

I don't know how much help I was.
Thanks Im piece mealing an engine for assembly and buying things as I see them from the OS / Mugen line. I beieve the mugen is a 5 port verse 3 port for the worlds.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Pistons are not the same, but interchangable. You have to use JX21 piston pin clips with a JX21 piston, not VSpec/Speed clips, or you'll never get them out again. Speed is 3 port, JX a 5 port. The sleeves will interchange between motor cases no problem. The rods are identical, with the Speed having a polished finish.