R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smb17
Default Spektrum delay.

Did they fix this yet? I went to the track a few days ago for the first time in a while. I noticed that the spektrum in my M111 was giving me some hastle (slow) so I'm thinking of putting the fm stuff back in. So if im wrong stop me =P because it's getting replaced right now.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb17 View Post
Did they fix this yet? I went to the track a few days ago for the first time in a while. I noticed that the spektrum in my M111 was giving me some hastle (slow) so I'm thinking of putting the fm stuff back in. So if im wrong stop me =P because it's getting replaced right now.
You aren't running unregulated lipos with the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system are you? If so, get a regulator. The Airtronics receiver will NOT handle an unregulated lipo.
(The Spektrum, as in Spektrum BRAND, will.) The Airtronics made one will do more than just get slow if you run an unregulated lipo... you're lucky you haven't had a runaway if you are running it.

Also, there are 2 versions of the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system... do you have the old one or the new one?

(a hint: If you just got it, and you saw 2 versions and 1 was cheaper... you probably got the older one.)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
You aren't running unregulated lipos with the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system are you? If so, get a regulator. The Airtronics receiver will NOT handle an unregulated lipo.
(The Spektrum, as in Spektrum BRAND, will.) The Airtronics made one will do more than just get slow if you run an unregulated lipo... you're lucky you haven't had a runaway if you are running it.

Also, there are 2 versions of the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system... do you have the old one or the new one?

(a hint: If you just got it, and you saw 2 versions and 1 was cheaper... you probably got the older one.)

I could have sworn Air had a 2 cell lipo safe RX system....maybe it was a dream...but im almost positive i saw an article for them....maybe not tho.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Tech Addict

no i don't run lipo anything. All rechareables. i forgot what they are exactly but you know what I mean. But I think I'm going back to the FM stuff. Its whatever plugs into the M11 TX. the 1001 is the number on it. It's all for surface n all that. Just the reaction speed is off on it =/.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I prefer FM. When I went to Spektrum in my good old M8, I didn't notice any delay or slowness. Everything felt fine but I had the worst year of racing I have ever had. I was just making too many mistakes and wrecking way too much. Went back to FM and all my mad driving skills magically reappeared.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Is Futaba's FAAST system any different/better? I've been thinking about replacing my AM system finally over the winter (seriously! )
Never had any trouble with AM but I know I'm missing out somewhat.

I know this is like choosing motor oil as far as getting the "best" radio but most arguments are spekrum vs. FM. Is Futaba's system any different?
bjr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr48 View Post
Is Futaba's FAAST system any different/better? I've been thinking about replacing my AM system finally over the winter (seriously! )
Never had any trouble with AM but I know I'm missing out somewhat.

I know this is like choosing motor oil as far as getting the "best" radio but most arguments are spekrum vs. FM. Is Futaba's system any different?
same principals as the rest
Old 08-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
Tech Addict

So I should stick to FM?

If anyone wants to sell their crystals shoot me a PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

From what has happened to me with 1st DSM system there was a slight delay when the car was very far away. But on the track it never gets that far away. The nice thing about any of the DSM system not having to be worried about some a-hole in the pit turning there radio on and screwing your day.
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Well at revelation raceway I notice a delay in the system. Ill try the FM on tuesday night and see how it goes.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i've got a question that i couldn't quite find a answer too. I have an M11 with Pro module, but the original spektrum receiver(Grey one) I've noticed a definite amount of delay in the system. Would upgrading the receiver to the PRO version fix this?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Cory I have been told it would. But I just went back to FM and racked up as many crystals as I could while I can find them. I think that would be the cheapest solution. Nowa days no one runs fm. So I havent had to change crystals in a long long long time. Hope this helped!