R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #31
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Performance wise they are close to the AKA tires, but far better than the proline LPR tires.


the only thing that really sucked about the LRP's was the foam's and well the fact they wore really fast compared to other brands.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #32
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
the only thing that really sucked about the LRP's was the foam's and well the fact they wore really fast compared to other brands.
Very true. AKA foams really help proline LPR tires. But they are still slightly too wide and pretty heavy compared to other brand tires. The new VTR's are very nice though. IMO all truggy tires should use the buggy mounting bead. It's just soo much stronger, lighter and much easier to glue. It's pretty stupid that we still use crappy traxxas t-maxx mounting beads on most truggy tires.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #33
JSR
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

What do you guys think about JConcepts halfups tires vs. AKAs and Prolines?

Also, if Prolines are worse than AKAs partially because they're heavier due to being wider and it seems width doesn't really matter (the tire's rounded afterall so it's only a very narrow section contacting the road), why aren't truggy tires as narrow as buggy tires, just larger OD? Wouldn't that make them even lighter while retaining the side wall thickness and not lose any grip?
JSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #34
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,771
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR View Post
why aren't truggy tires as narrow as buggy tires, just larger OD?
Because truggies are a combination of monster trucks and buggies, and MT's have bigger tires. Thus, trucks have bigger tires than buggies.
__________________
Losi 8ight 1.5 ~ 8T ~ XXX Buggy ~ Mini-Baja

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #35
JSR
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
Because truggies are a combination of monster trucks and buggies, and MT's have bigger tires. Thus, trucks have bigger tires than buggies.
Haha! I guess it's one of those "that just looks funny" things.

I'm curious how the JConcepts tires compare. I'm wondering if they're worth the additional cost over the Prolines.
JSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #36
Tech Adept
 
khudzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Very true. AKA foams really help proline LPR tires. But they are still slightly too wide and pretty heavy compared to other brand tires. The new VTR's are very nice though. IMO all truggy tires should use the buggy mounting bead. It's just soo much stronger, lighter and much easier to glue. It's pretty stupid that we still use crappy traxxas t-maxx mounting beads on most truggy tires.
The VTR's are nice and light, I have just weighed a complete set of VTR wheels with Holeshot tires vs LPR wheels with Crime Fighters and the difference is significant. 1.78 lbs for VTR and 2.15 lbs for LPR. We have both LPR's and VTR's in stock and more VTR's coming in today.
khudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #38
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Port, Florida
Posts: 1,116
Default

The VP-Pro STR Turbo Trax are way lighter then MTRs, LPRs and AKAs, only 186 grams. I'd compair them vs the new VTR which are not ROAR Legal. The STRs have a flat carcass for super long wear and no balloning, and virtually no side wall flexx.



They are in stock now.
http://www.machinesrchobbies.com
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #39
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

What are the roar rules for truggy wheels/tires?
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
Tech Master
 
megasaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lake City, PA
Posts: 1,715
Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
What are the roar rules for truggy wheels/tires?
from the rule book:

__________________
Team Associated RC10GT
Team Associated RC10GT2
megasaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #41
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H View Post
The VP-Pro STR Turbo Trax are way lighter then MTRs, LPRs and AKAs, only 186 grams. I'd compair them vs the new VTR which are not ROAR Legal. The STRs have a flat carcass for super long wear and no balloning, and virtually no side wall flexx.



They are in stock now.
http://www.machinesrchobbies.com


Wow...those are light......Some Panter MT's come in around 190-200g but 186.....wowzer's.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #42
JSR
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I can't find the VP-Pros on machine's site. Actually, I can't find any car/truck stuff. It's sort of a difficult site to navigate.
JSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #43
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Port, Florida
Posts: 1,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR View Post
I can't find the VP-Pros on machine's site. Actually, I can't find any car/truck stuff. It's sort of a difficult site to navigate.
They are not on the site, just call or e-mail to order.
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net