R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   got a question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/319408-got-question.html)

DPowers 08-12-2009 05:58 PM

got a question

i have been out of the sport for about a year and a few months and i plain on attending the s.i.c this year here is my question before i had to take some time away i was one of the fastest drivers in my area and since then some of the guys i used to race with are faster and i havent had a chance to race yet to see if i am as fast as i was or worse or better but do you guys think it would be ok to race a sportman class or race the pro class like i have in the past. alot of the guys say i should and a few others said i would be sand bagging.:confused:

dadsvtechonda 08-12-2009 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by DPowers (Post 6197235)
i have been out of the sport for about a year and a few months and i plain on attending the s.i.c this year here is my question before i had to take some time away i was one of the fastest drivers in my area and since then some of the guys i used to race with are faster and i havent had a chance to race yet to see if i am as fast as i was or worse or better but do you guys think it would be ok to race a sportman class or race the pro class like i have in the past. alot of the guys say i should and a few others said i would be sand bagging.:confused:

dont worry about others when you start at the sportsman class if you think your to fast then bump up to the pro class when your ready its about having fun not what others think good luck with the comeback :nod:

GMartinez 08-12-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by DPowers (Post 6197235)

back when you were racing If you were sitting in top 10 at races I would run pro on your comeback since you are experienced it might be like night & day & would get you back on pace quicker & remove the rust faster.
Entering sportsmans might take you a longer process to re hone the skills you had or you might just put on a whopping on that class then it would look like you sandbagged it but that is your choice & how you approach it
looking to have fun run-sportsman
looking to return to some serious racing go pro

zixxer 08-12-2009 06:30 PM

john greene along with a few others will be policing the sportsman class due to some people taking advantage of the sportsman class last year ...i mean if your times are up with pro times you will be moved up ...either way if you have to ask it might be a good idea to race pro ...kinda the riding a bicycle thing ...but i mean hey you may have lost your edge in a year ....you gotta make that call :nod: glad your coming it is gonna be off the hook good the layout is up on sgrid ...too bad i cant see it because im not paying for any message board :lol:

bgbelden 08-12-2009 06:46 PM

I know Denny and if he races in Sportsman at the club level then's he's definately baggin', but with his rust and no sponsor he may have a hard time at the S.I.C. in sportsmen because there are some baggers there and some really fast sportsman.
If Coty beats you by 2 or more laps at Dion's then run sportsman.
I predict he'll beat you by more than that but i'm just saying.:tire::lol::lol::tire:

bgbelden 08-12-2009 06:48 PM

I also know you don't cheat so i'm sure you'll know what to run.

DPowers 08-12-2009 06:53 PM

[QUOTE=bgbelden;6197442]I know Denny and if he races in Sportsman at the club level then's he's definately baggin', but with his rust and no sponsor he may have a hard time at the S.I.C. in sportsmen because there are some baggers there and some really fast sportsman.
If Coty beats you by 2 or more laps at Dion's then run sportsman.
I predict he'll beat you by more than that but i'm just saying.:tire::lol::lol::tire:[/QU

just 2 laps we cant count the laps i beat you by:lol::lol: not but seriously when is cody leaving for that race tell him i wish him luck.

offr0aden 08-12-2009 06:56 PM

Hey now .. the only sand baggin in sportsman this year is me.. My next body is going to be painted brown. Until I get my sled running right, I'm nothing but a sand bag on the track....

:D

P.S.

I need to buy stock in wings and rear shocks ;)

bgbelden 08-12-2009 07:00 PM

Hey leave me out of this, after 3 years i've still not won a single race. I KNOW what class i belong in.:tire::):):tire:

DPowers 08-12-2009 07:09 PM

it dosent matter if you win or loose just as long as you have fun right.

chris1381 08-12-2009 11:33 PM

Run sportsman local to see how you do. They are some fast sportsman local and that will give you your answer.Don't worry what every one else thinks or says because somebody will always have something to say.

Lonestar 08-13-2009 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by chris1381 (Post 6198601)
Run sportsman local to see how you do. They are some fast sportsman local and that will give you your answer.Don't worry what every one else thinks or says because somebody will always have something to say.

Hey remember - he's asking ;)

bigde2001 08-14-2009 09:25 PM

I know this guy and how he drives so I would suggest slash class.:lol: