Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Revo 3.3 vs HPI Hellfire >

Revo 3.3 vs HPI Hellfire

Revo 3.3 vs HPI Hellfire

Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Revo 3.3 vs HPI Hellfire

Which of the two is better they both seem fast and reliable.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc4068
Which of the two is better they both seem fast and reliable.
The Hellfire is outdated. HPI just released their latest RTR Truggy named the Trophy 4.6. Here's the link.

Are these two your only options?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

What are you planning on doing with it? Makes a lot of difference.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by san.
The Hellfire is outdated. HPI just released their latest RTR Truggy named the Trophy 4.6. Here's the link.

The hellfires just seem like their fun and more affordable then other hpi models. I thought both the revo and the hellfire are pretty simalar.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mattholew
What are you planning on doing with it? Makes a lot of difference.
I wanna race rc cars but it seems like the hellfires can handle better than the revo and mabye ill put a 4.6 engine in the hellfire.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wanna race rc cars but it seems like the hellfires can handle better than the revo and mabye ill put a 4.6 engine in the hellfire.
if youre going to race then you should definately look into a competition grade truggy like a hot bodies d8t, losi 8t 2.0, assoicated rc8t, kyosho st-rr, etc...

the revo, and hellfire are more to the basher range than racing competition. they would do ok on the track, but after a few races i would bet you would want something else to be more competitive.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Who cares how "outdated" the hellfire is...

one is a monster truck ... the other one is a truggy... one is better for having fun on a construction site... the other one is better for the track....

as someone said - better define what you want to do with it first

Paul
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by san.

Outdate are you kidding it has more adjustments than D8T. The only main issue with the Hellfire that it is so stiff so the setup has to be closer.

Talk about outdated truggy that link you gave Hpi Trophy Truggy is the old Hot Bodies Lightning series that sold Europe only. That Hpi is just the importer they don't product it google sacker buggy
Old 08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
if youre going to race then you should definately look into a competition grade truggy like a hot bodies d8t, losi 8t 2.0, assoicated rc8t, kyosho st-rr, etc...

the revo, and hellfire are more to the basher range than racing competition. they would do ok on the track, but after a few races i would bet you would want something else to be more competitive.
Well I'm kinda on a budget so I might just get the hellfire.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Hi there, I raced a Hell Fire, it's ok, but for the money there are cheaper options that are FAR better. an Ofna Jammin X2CRT is going to be cheaper that the hell Fire, and the new trophy truck from HPI is a Lightning Stadium 2 theyre not bad trucks. as for the REVO 3.3 they make great bashers. your very limited when it comes to racing them. it's a 1/10 scale Monster Truck trying to compete with 1/8 scale Truggies. the option that was suggested earlier with the Losi 2.0 truggy, is a great truck that comes with High end options that will save you money in the long run, the radio system alone is 300 bucks. starter box 100 bucks. those are 2 upgrades you'll be doing in the future with any other truck, and it comes with a race ready 28. yes 800$ is expensive I totaly understand that one. but theres allot of better vehicles on the market for a cheaper price that 2 your considering. good luck with your decision, and have fun at the races.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I'm kinda on a budget so I might just get the hellfire.

you would be better off saving for another month or 2 and buying something worthy of racing.....a Hellfire will get you NO where Fast.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

unless you are racing monster class id save up and get a truggy rc8t ,losi,mugen ect...the revo will do good in monster truck class with some mods other then that its more of a basher.