Wiki Posts
Search

JR9100HVT High Voltage Servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default JR9100HVT High Voltage Servos

Has anyone tried out these new extreemly expensive servos from JR? I want to try them but 200 bucks is a little steep. Thanks for your response.

JR 9100HVT/S

Last edited by Frank L; 08-11-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: fix the link
Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

I have them both in my buggy Frank.

They are simply amazing. Only the Hitech's are a little smoother, "BUT" the Hitech's don't come with a full machined ALU case. Not even there true HV line they are releasing this month has a case like the JR servos.

Totally worth the money. I have run the crap out of them and they are tanks. They barely weigh more then the Hitech 7955 as well. Which is amazing since it's a fully machined case. 3 year warranty from Horizon as well if you have issues.

Only thing I would change is maybe buying another speed for my steering instead of a torque in my Buggy, but in Truggy fo sho buy the Torque for steering.

I believe http://www.losipartshouse.com has them for 189 instead of the common 199 that I have seen everywhere.

You won't be dissappointed by them by any means. I plan on buying a couple more as well as getting the Hitech HV's once they hit to have for back-ups or in my other rides.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Are you running lipo and have you tried them with the reg nimh pack?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

I have tried them with both. Huge difference and it's very noticable.

You can run NiMH packs if you want to slow them down a bit, but I run the Losi 2S packs unregulated, and they blaze. You can even tell when your Lipo is getting low because they start acting like there running on NiMH packs. Thats how I judge when to change the battery on my rides.

I was running them with a DX3.0, and they were amazing. I just upgraded to the DX3R and WOW.. Now these servos really move.. I had to really re-learn to drive and get my reaction time caught up with how fast they are.

Either way you choose to run them they run great and are an awesome investment. I would take them even if they weren't HV servos just for the fact that the cases are full ALU and they will take a beating. No more breaking ears on servos in bad wrecks or front end chassis case on a mis-timed jump.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran 2 Futaba 9350s in my buggy for the last 3 years. Here's what it cost me:

Futaba 9350 2 @ $110 = $220
HT Voltage Regulator = $51
Much More Regulator = $26
Losi Regulator = $24
9350 Gear Set 4 @ $26 = $78
9350 Cases 3 @ $48 = $144 ( break an ear on the case and you need to buy the whole case )
Total $543

To me the JR HVs are worth it since you don't have to worry about voltage regulators.