R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default XTM 247 backplate help

Hey every one,

I just got a used MGT 8.0. When I went to start it up the roto start, it turned but did not turn the motor over. I took the rotostart off and saw that the back plate had only 2 hex screws in it and bothe were stripped. After alot of effort I managed to seperate the backplate and pull it off. Durring the reassembly I noticed that the motor would turn over but when I reached the BDC it would not go any further, I could spin the motor back the other way and complete the stroke but when approaching the bottom of dead center it would stop again. If I pressed hard I would hear a click noise and the cylinder would make it pass the bottom, but would again get stuck. I'm new too this hobby so maybe I'm going something wrong or maybe this is the wrong back plate. I'll post some pic's to help clarify what's going on. I looked at the exploded view of this engine and do not see the parts I have. Can some one help me fidgure out what I need to get this engine running? I would like to use the rotostart but I would be happy with a pullstart.

Thanks,
Levi
Attached Thumbnails
XTM 247 backplate help-sspx0194.jpg   XTM 247 backplate help-sspx0196.jpg   XTM 247 backplate help-sspx0197.jpg   XTM 247 backplate help-sspx0198.jpg   XTM 247 backplate help-sspx0199.jpg  

shadycuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Any body know what I need?
shadycuz is offline   Reply With Quote