R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   The Best Truggy Set Up Station (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/318664-best-truggy-set-up-station.html)

RUF-VK 08-10-2009 04:40 AM

The Best Truggy Set Up Station

Hello

I am after a good set up station for a truggy...

What seem to be the better ones on the market...

Thank you

GRANPA 67 08-10-2009 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by RUF-VK (Post 6184338)
Hello

I am after a good set up station for a truggy...

What seem to be the better ones on the market...

Thank you

RUF-VK, I use a "HUDY" setup station on my truggy/buggy, they are
excellent quality, easy to use etc..but they come with a buggy toe guage, so you will have to purchase a truggy one seperately, also I got mine thru
A-MAIN HOBBIES(USA).....

RUF-VK 08-10-2009 05:34 AM

Do they come in an all in one deal with set up board and a all in one storage case?

Also what other gauges do I need such as droop and ride height gauges and stuff?

Thanks

losiracer78 08-10-2009 05:44 AM

The Hudy Setup station is prob one of the best if not the best and very easy to use as stated before.

GRANPA 67 08-10-2009 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by RUF-VK (Post 6184466)
Do they come in an all in one deal with set up board and a all in one storage case?

Also what other gauges do I need such as droop and ride height gauges and stuff?

Thanks

unfortunatly not, you just get the stands & toe gauge in box(buggy), as i said ya will have to buy toe gauge to suit truggy, and setup board is extra,
I just use a piece of glass(cheaper) as a platform, and as for ride height gauges etc, depends how fussy ya wanna be? AE make rideheight gauge,
and there would be other brands out there, just shop around,,hope I have
helped ya, good luck...

pdmustgt 08-10-2009 11:27 AM

Been and done that before.

Better off with Hudy station makes it 10 times easier and faster

8secnotch 08-10-2009 04:13 PM

I'll have to go with everyone else and say the Hudy set-up station is the best. Not the cheapest piece of equiptment but one of the most important. If you want to save a few bucks, Integy has a pretty good one. It's a knock off of the Hudy, but still does the same things.

vladconnery 08-10-2009 05:18 PM

Got my Hudy last Monday Carolina Nationals were this Sat & Sun. After using the Hudy I ran my fastest Quals ever (which aint saying much). I would have placed second in sportsman Truggy if my battery had not quit on me :cry:. I'm not going to say that the Hudy made me faster. What I can say is that I knew my set up was spot on and I never thought about it again the entire weekend. Just set it and forget it concentrate on racing. Which probably had more to do with it than anything.

silverM3 08-10-2009 06:31 PM

how about HARD? Hudy is good, but very pricey.

captaindemo17 08-10-2009 06:35 PM

I have the team magic one and it works great. To me, its just like the hudy one.

nutfluff 08-10-2009 06:36 PM

A set up station for a Truggy?!!? Please. I think setup stations for offroad are a complete waste of money.

EvilDylan 08-10-2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by nutfluff (Post 6187624)
A set up station for a Truggy?!!? Please. I think setup stations for offroad are a complete waste of money.

Please elaborate....

If someone has the money and time then let them do what they want to do. But thanks for your incredibly valuable contribution to this discussion.

RUF-VK 08-10-2009 08:32 PM

It's just I am not sure whether HUDY is worth the extra money or whether I should go with another brand that is cheaper...

vladconnery 08-11-2009 03:27 AM

First RC lesson most people learn. Trying to save a buck in this hobby only cost you more in the long run. It's like buying cheap tools. Yeah you saved a few dollars in the beginning but you had to replace the tools and buy them again. I'm sure the Hudy is not the only quality set up station out there. I think the team magic station might be a pretty good one. However without a doubt you know the Hudy is. So why bother taking a chance. Worst case scenario. you spend the $210 for the complete truggy set up minus the setup board $250 with set up board. If you get board with it you can sell it for $160 without and $200 with set up board second hand with ease. Check ebay see the resale on them. They hold there value quite well because everyone knows there the best period.

Got mine for $150 shipped on this site complete with truggy Toe. See the for sale section.

nutfluff 08-12-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by EvilDylan (Post 6187773)
Please elaborate....

If someone has the money and time then let them do what they want to do. But thanks for your incredibly valuable contribution to this discussion.

Take that time and money and spend it at the track running laps... find the right tires and you have 90% of the correct set-up. I can see setup stations valuable in onroad where the track remains relatively consistent compared to the minute by minute changes in an offroad track...