Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi Aftershock M26ss flywheel wont budge! :( HELP!!! >

Losi Aftershock M26ss flywheel wont budge! :( HELP!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Aftershock M26ss flywheel wont budge! :( HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Losi Aftershock M26ss flywheel wont budge! :( HELP!!!

hi everyone!
I have been an owner of the losi aftershock for about 3 years, yet actually ran it 4 times...

I had just found it in our storage room, it fired up puuurdy well, but I have been getting my flywheel stuck... ALLOT!
Like 2 times in a row now. Only now, I can get it to budge AT ALL with my flat head driver..

What seems to be the cause of this?

How do I get it to move??????

Please help
I REALLY NEED IT

Sincerely,
Tim
Old 08-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hydrolocked

Sounds like it could be hydrolocked. Take the glow plug out, turn the truck upside down, crank the engine over. Fuel should exit via the glow plug hole. While you have it out, make sure the glow plug works on your warmer. Put it back in (if its good) and fire it up. If it has been in storage for a long time, get new fuel and a new glow plug. Save yourself some headaches.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by basketcase45
Sounds like it could be hydrolocked. Take the glow plug out, turn the truck upside down, crank the engine over. Fuel should exit via the glow plug hole. While you have it out, make sure the glow plug works on your warmer. Put it back in (if its good) and fire it up. If it has been in storage for a long time, get new fuel and a new glow plug. Save yourself some headaches.
Been there, done that...

The fuel is almost brand new, the glow plug is fresh (just got it 2 weeks ago)

And it doesnt turn over... the pull start is STUCK... with the flywheel...
The flywheel doesnt turn in any directions...
And the truck ran about 4 days ago... after that day I have been getting a stuck pullstart/flywheel...

GOD THIS MONTH SUCKS ASS!

I broke 2 RCs (suspension), my goped just exploded whilst riding, I just broke my iPhone, and the AFT is acting like a prostitute during her period!

I FUCKING HATE THIS MONTH!!!!:c ry::c ry:
Old 08-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds like it may be time to take the motor out and check the clutch shoes and bearings, also try warming the motor up with a hairdryer or heat gun and clean out the inside of the motor with nitro blast, old fuel sitting inside the motor turns into goo. if it still wont turn, take off the back plate and look for bent or broken parts. good luck with it,
Scott
Old 08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm totally new to this hobby, so take my word with a pinch of salt. If it was me, i'd be opening up the engine first thing i did. If it really is stuck in there good, then there's gotta be a reason. Heating up the engine will loosen it up.. but if you've got dirt in the engine and you force it to fire up.. you're jsut gonna kill your piston/sleeve... if you havne't done so already.

Easiest thing to do do first would be jsut take off the engine head (not sure of your skill level but jsut ask if you're not sure what to do), and have a look inside.. if you see dirt and such... then yeah take the whole engine out and clean/flush the whole thing. It's honestly not that hard, removing engine, pulling apart, cleaning and putting back together will be a 1 hour job... MAX.

That's what i'd do, but liek i said, i'm new to the hobby and i'm one of those "better check before i do some damage" types.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LordAnubis
I'm totally new to this hobby, so take my word with a pinch of salt. If it was me, i'd be opening up the engine first thing i did. If it really is stuck in there good, then there's gotta be a reason. Heating up the engine will loosen it up.. but if you've got dirt in the engine and you force it to fire up.. you're jsut gonna kill your piston/sleeve... if you havne't done so already.

Easiest thing to do do first would be jsut take off the engine head (not sure of your skill level but jsut ask if you're not sure what to do), and have a look inside.. if you see dirt and such... then yeah take the whole engine out and clean/flush the whole thing. It's honestly not that hard, removing engine, pulling apart, cleaning and putting back together will be a 1 hour job... MAX.

That's what i'd do, but liek i said, i'm new to the hobby and i'm one of those "better check before i do some damage" types.
I have actually done full rebuilds to engines after they just exploded...
So I think I can handle it.
Im the same "better check before i do some damage" types, so I check my trucks out ALLOT... Yet they still die from time to time...
Old 08-11-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Cool, good luck with it... let us know what you find...
Old 08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If it is hydro locking it will unlock by taking out glow plug. Possibly gumed up. If it has not been run much it might be engine pitch at top dead center. It could also be some type of obstruction such as a glow element wedging inbetween piston and sleeve. The way to is take it down and look inside. Hope this helps.