R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Latest Run in with Ebay seller!

Ok as some of you may know I recently purcahsed my first 1:8 buggy from ebay, its a BS802T with a .21 SH motor. After running my first tank on bench I noticed that all oil had drained out of rear shocks, both of them.

After 2 weeks of going back and forth to seller (and running in buggy and tuning it in carpark) they finally said send the 2 shockers back and we will inspect.

After inspecting they said that I had crashed the buggy (which I have not) as both shafts are bent. I got quite angry at this and stated if they are bent then thats how they were supplied because its only every been used in a car park.

After a few more calls and speaking to their tech they finally realised the shafts arnt bent and that the lower caps had come loose and caused the leak! I would like to know how they came to the conclusion my shafts were bent?

Anyway at least they have covered it free of charge and now I dont have to spend money on new ones!

sperera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

YAY!!!!

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Cause with the caps loose, the rear shafts looked bent.

Anyway I believe you should nut and bolt your ride before running it
Old 08-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Cause with the caps loose, the rear shafts looked bent.

Anyway I believe you should nut and bolt your ride before running it
I have been doing that as of late. I did that with the steering servo horn and some of the steering linkages (which both fell off!)

Will go though the car and do more because I dont have much faith in the screws and plastic nuts that came as standard.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

you probably should have bought a decent car if you can't even look over the shocks that are leaking before you boxed them up and sent them in, what's a BS201 anyway? you probably should have gotten a Slash
markt311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

PLASTIC nuts on a 1\8 nitro buggy
Old 08-10-2009, 02:23 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi there

Regarding your issue, I know it's going to sound harshed but in this hobby, except on a rare few cases, there are very few good deals... our cars get through A LOT, and to be reliable enough and built with a sufficient level of quality, and this requires some serious engineering and materials... which typically mean multi-hundred bucks cars.

My advice is, do your teething on your car, and once you've figured out whether you want to stick to the hobby or not, then try to pick up a medium-to-top-of-the-line car, in the long run it will be a lot more satisfying.

Good luck,
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Default Not very difficult

I replace my shock fluid after two weekends of racing. Shocks are very low on the difficulty list. I would have just bought a rebuild kit for the shocks and moved on. If you are getting this worked up over a pair of shocks. I'd hate to see you if the engine took a dump!
****RUSH****
elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

or diff's
Brandon Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Frankly speaking. I think your problems are just getting started.

Plastic driveshaft?? Made in china?? good luck getting parts..

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...y-BS802T-.html
sickmojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hi there

Regarding your issue, I know it's going to sound harshed but in this hobby, except on a rare few cases, there are very few good deals... our cars get through A LOT, and to be reliable enough and built with a sufficient level of quality, and this requires some serious engineering and materials... which typically mean multi-hundred bucks cars.

My advice is, do your teething on your car, and once you've figured out whether you want to stick to the hobby or not, then try to pick up a medium-to-top-of-the-line car, in the long run it will be a lot more satisfying.

Good luck,
Paul
Paul, Thank you for your input, it makes allot of sense. I have run about 2 litres through my buggy and have no doubt in my mind i am going to stick with this sport. I enjoy it so much I cant stop thinking about it.

I purcahsed this 'budget' buggy because I was not sure if it was right for me, so didnt want to waste the best part of a thousand bucks, so got this one and while I realise its a budget one its done what I wanted, prove to me I can get the enjoyment I am looking for.

While I will continue to use this one as a basher I am already looking into getting one specifically for racing. I like the look of the tamiya TRF801X and will continue to check the market until I am ready to buy (about 2 months).

I totally agree and have witnessed first hand the differences with a budget buggy and something that is engineered for competitive racing.

I look foward to confirming my choice and letting you all know.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt311 View Post
you probably should have bought a decent car if you can't even look over the shocks that are leaking before you boxed them up and sent them in, what's a BS201 anyway? you probably should have gotten a Slash
Model is BS802T, I got the whole kit for $230 AUD which is nothing. I knew it was budget when I was buying it but its my first off road and I wanted to make sure I would like it before I get an upper end unit. Its just a basher, I will get one for racing later this year.

Check them out on the net if you like, just search BSD Racing.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperera View Post
Model is BS802T, I got the whole kit for $230 AUD which is nothing. I knew it was budget when I was buying it but its my first off road and I wanted to make sure I would like it before I get an upper end unit. Its just a basher, I will get one for racing later this year.

Check them out on the net if you like, just search BSD Racing.
BSD racing yes i have heard of them from china and i have seen there products .

I guess you got what you paid for .

I know of others who have similar problems with the same brand ,radio,motor,plastics,metal etc .

It is good you bought one to test it out and see if you would like off road but my advice is cut your loses and move on as BSD products just dont have the quality you are looking for if your going to get into racing
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
BSD racing yes i have heard of them from china and i have seen there products .

I guess you got what you paid for .

I know of others who have similar problems with the same brand ,radio,motor,plastics,metal etc .

It is good you bought one to test it out and see if you would like off road but my advice is cut your loses and move on as BSD products just dont have the quality you are looking for if your going to get into racing
I totally agree, and overall happy I bought the BSD, its still working and done what i wanted it to, that is confirm I am going to enjoy off road for a very long time. I never planned to race the BSD, will be in market for something decent very soon!

Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 AM   #15
Tech Addict

Enjoy the rush of being addicted it will consume you. It sounds like you will be with us for a while. Remember buy the best and don't pinch pennys.If you want a list of what I run pm me.If you get an rc8 I can tell you what parts to keep on hand.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote