Community
Wiki Posts
Search

torro nero vs ninja

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For those who dont know, he grinds them up and uses them as a fuel additive.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Please dont....
Once you go fat you never go back.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I love to come down and do some testing with you guys.... No need for any betting tho, just to see who's the fastest is good enough for me...I have absolutely no issue with some head to head shootouts, win or lose its all for fun to me ...I do however have an issue with all the nasty slander that gets slung over these forums, IMO its no needed and only makes things stressful for everyone... Truthfully we all likely have some wicked fast engines and the only comparing we should be doing is head to head on a track surface.... I imagine there are faster engines out there then my Frank, but to date we have not seen one yet.. I am unsure what the frank would dyno as all we do is run it on the track next to other engines...but so far its been pretty dam impressive against the other .21's we have run beside .....so whatever thats worth IDK...But till it gets beat its definitely the fastest .21 I have ever seen on the track.... Its not smooth and its not easy to drive, but it hammers like a 28 and screams to the moon....I know Ed can make some sick fast engines and IMO I'd have no issue if his engine beat mine as I am only just a small timer from Canada having a little fun....

PS. I will have a dyno very shortly and will definitely be posting some graphs of my engines..... Tho I will say that even with a dyno I will still prefer to compare engines on the dirt head to head, side by side ......
Max it's all fun for me too! Just like stirring the pot in this stupid thread.
Ps. I think i know about the dyno being that i see it being made.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Max it's all fun for me too! Just like stirring the pot in this stupid thread.
Ps. I think i know about the dyno being that i see it being made.
I would actually love to come down and hang out for a few days...I think it would be alot of fun..... not even to compare engines,but rather just to shoot the shit and see what things are like on the other side of the border.....

I am excited about the dyno for sure, I only do 3 or 4 engines a month so unfortunately its going to take me a decade to make the money back LOL ! But for my own personal pleasure its going to be great, it was a toss up of either buying another snowmobile or buying the dyno, and I figured the dyno would be something new and exciting for me to tinker with so I chose the dyno....Who knows maybe if i am lucky wifey will still let me get a sled, but I doubt it..
Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by German Muscle
its getting hot in here, ill take off all my clothes.
that's what she said...
Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I would actually love to come down and hang out for a few days...I think it would be alot of fun..... not even to compare engines,but rather just to shoot the shit and see what things are like on the other side of the border.....

I am excited about the dyno for sure, I only do 3 or 4 engines a month so unfortunately its going to take me a decade to make the money back LOL ! But for my own personal pleasure its going to be great, it was a toss up of either buying another snowmobile or buying the dyno, and I figured the dyno would be something new and exciting for me to tinker with so I chose the dyno....Who knows maybe if i am lucky wifey will still let me get a sled, but I doubt it..
4 or 5 a month ?

i am at about 20-25 getting like work here
Old 08-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Toro vs. Ninja in the news:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

see, even the zombie kid gets it, "smooth is fast".
Old 09-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thats just not that funny
Old 09-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
4 or 5 a month ?

i am at about 20-25 getting like work here

Do you do all 20-25 yourself?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have run the new Rb's and the new Nova's while also driving my friend's Ninja and to be honest I was really really disappointed with the Toro Nero. Ran a stock one then ran a modded one and the mid and top were amazing but the bottom on both versions of the motor left more to be desired.

But since you have eliminated every other good motor out there go for the Ninja. Great power with a very linear powerband.

However, if you want to go fast and wreck into things then get a Toro Nero and donate some of your money to the LHS for parts.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Black
I have run the new Rb's and the new Nova's while also driving my friend's Ninja and to be honest I was really really disappointed with the Toro Nero. Ran a stock one then ran a modded one and the mid and top were amazing but the bottom on both versions of the motor left more to be desired.

But since you have eliminated every other good motor out there go for the Ninja. Great power with a very linear powerband.

However, if you want to go fast and wreck into things then get a Toro Nero and donate some of your money to the LHS for parts.
Sounds like a clutch issue, needs a stiffer spring or two? Couldn't you drop a tooth off the clutch bell?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwcobra03
I run a re-11 pipe good power from bottom to top, runtimes are also good.
Anyone run the RE-10 and had any luck?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMS_Racing
Anyone run the RE-10 and had any luck?
I run the re10 on one of my speed motors. Got more top end than the 2060. Makes the cartwheels more spectacular at the end of the straight stretch.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i think my next motor for my truggy will be a toro nero

nova motors are very reliable as long as your running the correct pipe and header combo...they are very sensitive, and made to run with there stuff
if you got all of that stuff right and break it in and tune it good, no matter where you go the tune will almost be dead on mabe minor adjustments i know with my nova 21bf its that way..and adam drake said the same thing on his nova tuneing guide vid...

on the other hand i run the ninja now...and i absolutely love it in my truggy i run the speed crank and ebmods button with a os 2060 pipe
Old 10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Pretty easy solution to this pissing contest...Which one of any of your engines have finished highest at the Worlds finals?You know, the race the OS Speed won.Ed Bridges did that engine didn't he?OR any other big race.What is your engines best finish?Don't give me that sponsorship BS either.If it's better they would use it.Thats why Ryan got caught with a GRP head on a V spec.C'mon who's finished highest?