R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Please don't be so ignorant, I am speaking the truth.... A V-Spec is actually more punchy then the Speed and it has a little more top end..look at any of the dynoes of the two engines and you'll see that for yourself as clear as day...The Speed has zero timing differences from the regular V-Spec, it has a weighted crank and a slightly widened exhaust port.... it is nowhere near a radical improvement over the regular V-Spec in terms of power or raw performance... Anyone who has both will tell you the regular V-Spec has more punch and slightly more peak RPM...the Speed is smoother and more linear........ And truly next to a modified Picco 21 a JX 21 seems like a dead duck... not even remotely close...sorry to burst your bubble, but the JX is not some crazy beast of a engine, it is a race engine intended to be smooth and tractable.... Maybe to you a JX seems like something crazy, but trust me dude it is nothing special when it comes to a big power .21..... i am not saying a modified Picco will make a better race engine, but the TS is asking for a crazy over the top engine for bashing, and truly neither the JX or the Toro are going to hold a candle to a modified Picco 21, not even remotely close ! so take your OS hype and chew on it !

All of my input is from Current experience, racing these engines - you keep the dynos and I will take track experience over it anyday

and again

the name of the topic is tor vs ninja

And I primarly run OS and I have ALOT of experience with them the ninja I have ran in a few club races and yes if you a heavy on throttle it causes alot of extra wheel spin.
What matters is how the engine preforms on the track not on a computer screen.

And again - I have never ran a Picco and never will becuase I am a racer not a basher. I never seen one on the track to run against so i know NOTHING about them. and the Toro i have ran on a tight technical track and it did not have the balls to clear some of the jumps....... and i was not the only one with the toro at the track adn none of us could clear them where the OS and Ninja did.... Yes I would chew on the fact the OS is the
sh!t.............................................. ........................

have you ran and compared each engine on a track or are you just going buy what you read or heard............ you ask any pro racer or big time racer - its about track time with the product not computer reports. if thats the case I would like some to tell me that last time they brought something because a report said it was good. or do you buy a product based on actual use.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Please don't be so ignorant, I am speaking the truth.... A V-Spec is actually more punchy then the Speed and it has a little more top end..look at any of the dynoes of the two engines and you'll see that for yourself as clear as day...The Speed has zero timing differences from the regular V-Spec, it has a weighted crank and a slightly widened exhaust port.... it is nowhere near a radical improvement over the regular V-Spec in terms of power or raw performance... Anyone who has both will tell you the regular V-Spec has more punch and slightly more peak RPM...the Speed is smoother and more linear........ And truly next to a modified Picco 21 a JX 21 seems like a dead duck... not even remotely close...sorry to burst your bubble, but the JX is not some crazy beast of a engine, it is a race engine intended to be smooth and tractable.... Maybe to you a JX seems like something crazy, but trust me dude it is nothing special when it comes to a big power .21..... i am not saying a modified Picco will make a better race engine, but the TS is asking for a crazy over the top engine for bashing, and truly neither the JX or the Toro are going to hold a candle to a modified Picco 21, not even remotely close ! so take your OS hype and chew on it !
I couldn't agree more.

Maximo, some folks will only hear what they want to hear, regardless of any evidence you offer them; you'd just be throwing down pearls before swine.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I wanted a jx21 but couldn't wait anymore so i got a reeedy and a dynamite pipe, couldn't be happier. 275 total.

I can win with this motor.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just got home from work. Thank you guys for the debate. The torro is not for me. the ninja sounds like the perfect motor for me. And max the picco sounds awsome! I will have to get one of those too. Just not right now. I am trying to get better at the track. And that beast of a engine would be to much in my little light buggy. But i am intriqed for sure! i will definitley get one for bashing soon!!

Oh and yea i have made alot of post about engines, but seriously? this forrum can be graveyard dead and no matter how much i use the search and ask questions in other threads, my questions are some of the time not answered satisfactorly. I did however cringe when i started this thread. But thats ok. I don't have 400$$$$$ to make the wrong decision. I will do research and be very thourough to make sure i get excactly what i want. and debates open up all kinds of doors that you would not expect. So thank you all!!!

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I find it hilarious how ol supertib is in here telling people to stop being ignorant but is pushing his engines at the same time.

This is a Toro Nero/Ninja JX21 Thread, why are you talking about your shotty modified piccos in here? No one cares dude. Your just another rookie out there who thinks hes something special. Why are you comparing a stock Toro Nero and Stock JX21 against a modified picco 21? thats just outright ignorant. While your at it compare eaten apples to uneaten oranges.

A properly modified JX21 will destroy any picco you touch. End of story. I drove a toro nero in a truggy today and it felt like it had more than no bottom end as you describe.

anyhow.

I would get a JX21 over a Toro nero if possible. They have a little bit more bottom, some more midrange and way more top end than a Toro Nero. Dont get me wrong though the Toro Nero is a great engine that is smooth.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #51
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle View Post
I find it hilarious how ol supertib is in here telling people to stop being ignorant but is pushing his engines at the same time.

This is a Toro Nero/Ninja JX21 Thread, why are you talking about your shotty modified piccos in here? No one cares dude. Your just another rookie out there who thinks hes something special. Why are you comparing a stock Toro Nero and Stock JX21 against a modified picco 21? thats just outright ignorant. While your at it compare eaten apples to uneaten oranges.

A properly modified JX21 will destroy any picco you touch. End of story. I drove a toro nero in a truggy today and it felt like it had more than no bottom end as you describe.

anyhow.

I would get a JX21 over a Toro nero if possible. They have a little bit more bottom, some more midrange and way more top end than a Toro Nero. Dont get me wrong though the Toro Nero is a great engine that is smooth.

I smell a jelly roll calling for you !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Quote:
I smell a jelly roll calling for you !
This is what i was talking about. it seems here is a very poor attempt at him taking a stab at me being fat. LOL

What a great guy to do business with isnt he?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #53
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle View Post
This is what i was talking about. it seems here is a very poor attempt at him taking a stab at me being fat. LOL

What a great guy to do business with isnt he?
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I let my buddy run my non mod jpx 21 with p3 plug and double bend header with 086 and got 10.5 minutes easy in mbx6 saturday&sunday. that thing just flat out sounds and runs great. I will have another. im not anywhere even near considereing anything else for a strong buggy or truggy engine. only looking at efficiency possibilities. its fine stock for $225 but can obviously be made better with little effort
Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah... well... all I have to say is this -> STS World Class Engines Thread!!! bring back the mighty STS!!!!! yee haa!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #56
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-E View Post
Yeah... well... all I have to say is this -> STS World Class Engines Thread!!! bring back the mighty STS!!!!! yee haa!!!!!!
LMAO
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #57
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

At the risk of getting caught up in this three ring circus, do the Ninja's have any issues with the cases like the V-Specs? They are based off of the same design so I am interested.

As of right now I really like my +4, it has been great but that does not mean that better may not be out there.
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USP45 View Post
At the risk of getting caught up in this three ring circus, do the Ninja's have any issues with the cases like the V-Specs? They are based off of the same design so I am interested.

As of right now I really like my +4, it has been great but that does not mean that better may not be out there.
at this point, i havn't heard of any cases cracking on the JX, doesnt mean they dont, but also the JX block seems to be very strong, only v spec cases i have herd of, the JX uses the same case as the OS 28XZ.
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USP45 View Post

The ninjas use the 28XZ Case like Brian said. Ive never heard or seen any case issues. The JX .21 doesnt have the issues that plagued the early Vspecs.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #60
Tech Lord

Send a message via MSN to Integra

I would LOVE to see a JX pull my Frankenstein on a straightaway.... It aint happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
honestly i just want a stupid powerful engine. Racing is not that big a deal yet and i like to go to the track to have fun. I just want the most power i can get in a .21. I know it may not win as much as the plus 4, but to me winning is not everything. Having fun is.

Right from the OP's mouth.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote