Community
Wiki Posts
Search

torro nero vs ninja

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you want crazy powerful neither the Ninja or Toro are anything special...the Toro has no bottom end and the ninja is about like a V-Spec...... A modified Picco 21 would make both those engines seem really slow and gutless.... The Toro and Ninja would make fantastic race engines, they are smooth and linear, but they really don't have alot of balls if your looking for something really insane....
Old 08-10-2009, 05:53 AM

I just went for a toro,

im a novarossi fan so im bais but ive not seen a nova flame out in the uk (yet) did see a ninja and a speed flame out and break

but as people say different tune abilitys cause this, and as such i cant make a judgement on it

but if it were me a nova all day
Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
If you want crazy powerful neither the Ninja or Toro are anything special...the Toro has no bottom end and the ninja is about like a V-Spec...... A modified Picco 21 would make both those engines seem really slow and gutless.... The Toro and Ninja would make fantastic race engines, they are smooth and linear, but they really don't have alot of balls if your looking for something really insane....
Whats the point of power if you cant control on the race track where it matters?

The ninja is not like a vspec at all - its closer to the speed and it has crazy power - drove one of these JX series ninjas and they are as good as they come. There are very popular here in Colorado and I have not heard one bad thing about them. Now the Toro on the other hand, the only thing I can tell you is that they lack bottom end they have no punch and being that our tracks here are on the larger side, you need that punch coming out of corners trying to make that tripple with only 8 feet of track to do so..... Both are excellent engines and this comes from experience with both engines - not he say she say - -

Last edited by token; 10-20-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
hey frank. What do you like better, your hitec servos or you jr ones?

I have the 7955 for steering was thinking about the jr 9100 for throtle
I do like the speed of the jr 9100s but the hitec is much smoother and in my opinion a better quality servo. I prefeer hitec now. Jr are good products but i think hitec is just a little bit better in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
I do like the speed of the jr 9100s but the hitec is much smoother and in my opinion a better quality servo. I prefeer hitec now. Jr are good products but i think hitec is just a little bit better in my opinion.
JR servos ROCK, 3 seasons, no problems
Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i run futaba brushless..but i would def get the jr hv's if i kould afford them
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by token
Whats the point of power if you cant control on the race track where it matters?

The ninja is not like a vspec at all - its closer to the speed and it has crazy power - have one of these JX series ninjas and they are as good as they come. There are very popular here in Colorado and I have not heard one bad thing about them. Now the Toro on the other hand, the only thing I can tell you is that they lack bottom end they have no punch and being that our tracks here are on the larger side, you need that punch coming out of corners trying to make that tripple with only 8 feet of track to do so..... Both are excellent engines and this comes from experience with both engines - not he say she say - -

He already said he isn't looking for a race engine, he is looking for over the top power for bashing ...and neither the Ninja or Toro have anywhere near over the top power........ I run a JX 21 every odd weekend, its nice, but its definitely not huge on power by any means....A Speed is not really any stronger then a regular V-Spec, if anything it has a smoother bottom and a little less top end....... Now for racing they make awesome engines, but if someone is looking for something over the top they can do alot better then either the JX or Toro....
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
He already said he isn't looking for a race engine, he is looking for over the top power for bashing ...and neither the Ninja or Toro have anywhere near over the top power........ I run a JX 21 every odd weekend, its nice, but its definitely not huge on power by any means....A Speed is not really any stronger then a regular V-Spec, if anything it has a smoother bottom and a little less top end....... Now for racing they make awesome engines, but if someone is looking for something over the top they can do alot better then either the JX or Toro....
agreed...and picco is cheaper...perfect bash motor...and moded by you...omg a fu*king beast
Old 08-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

The ninja is not like a vspec at all - its closer to the speed and it has crazy power - have one of these JX series ninjas and they are as good as they come. There are very popular here in Colorado and I have not heard one bad thing about them. Now the Toro on the other hand, the only thing I can tell you is that they lack bottom end they have no punch and being that our tracks here are on the larger side, you need that punch coming out of corners trying to make that tripple with only 8 feet of track to do so..... Both are excellent engines and this comes from experience with both engines - not he say she say - -

If your Toro lacks bottom end you don't have the right pipe on it.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

hey frank. What do you like better, your hitec servos or you jr ones?

I have the 7955 for steering was thinking about the jr 9100 for throtle
Personally I will be going back to hitec servos at some point in the future. We've had lots of JR servos going bad locally this year.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

dreaux, put the engines you are considering buying into a hat, then pick one out of the hat. Whatever one you pick, buy it without any more which engine to buy threads! What is it now, 23 'what engine' or '___ vs ____' threads? Just get what you want!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

torro nero vs ninja - is the name of the topic

I have ran both - - - and speak from experience.

OS - VSPEC VS SPEED - hahahahahahahahahahah close to the same hahahahahahahahahaha - thats all I got to say about that

JX 21 - not huge on power - hehehehehe - LMAO

Qmartin - Novas in general lack bottom end - yes they lack the grunt - bud I do not run generic pipes, I run the pipes the manufactors say run. the same pipe that was tested in R&D. IMO thats the only way to do it. And I have tested, raced and compared each one of these engines and have received feed back from top level pro racers on each one as well. I try not to make a judgement on something I have not personally tried more than once.

Hince - Picco - no comment - never ran them.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

torro nero vs ninja - is the name of the topic

I have ran both - - - and speak from experience.

OS - VSPEC VS SPEED - hahahahahahahahahahah close to the same hahahahahahahahahaha - thats all I got to say about that

JX 21 - not huge on power - hehehehehe - LMAO

Qmartin - Novas in general lack bottom end - yes they lack the grunt - bud I do not run generic pipes, I run the pipes the manufactors say run. the same pipe that was tested in R&D. IMO thats the only way to do it. And I have tested, raced and compared each one of these engines and have received feed back from top level pro racers on each one as well. I try not to make a judgement on something I have not personally tried more than once.

Hince - Picco - no comment - never ran them.
Please don't be so ignorant, I am speaking the truth.... A V-Spec is actually more punchy then the Speed and it has a little more top end..look at any of the dynoes of the two engines and you'll see that for yourself as clear as day...The Speed has zero timing differences from the regular V-Spec, it has a weighted crank and a slightly widened exhaust port.... it is nowhere near a radical improvement over the regular V-Spec in terms of power or raw performance... Anyone who has both will tell you the regular V-Spec has more punch and slightly more peak RPM...the Speed is smoother and more linear........ And truly next to a modified Picco 21 a JX 21 seems like a dead duck... not even remotely close...sorry to burst your bubble, but the JX is not some crazy beast of a engine, it is a race engine intended to be smooth and tractable.... Maybe to you a JX seems like something crazy, but trust me dude it is nothing special when it comes to a big power .21..... i am not saying a modified Picco will make a better race engine, but the TS is asking for a crazy over the top engine for bashing, and truly neither the JX or the Toro are going to hold a candle to a modified Picco 21, not even remotely close ! so take your OS hype and chew on it !
Old 08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes i know it's an o.s.
Dreaux, you need to buy a Ninja and send JPAlessi a PM he knows all about the Ninja and how to get the most power out of them... they are plenty fast enough, even for bashing in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qmartin
If your Toro lacks bottom end you don't have the right pipe on it.
You would need 9901 to bring the power out toro.

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....d4e9c5a0227f2a

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.