R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   need som help with HSP Bazooka (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/318029-need-som-help-hsp-bazooka.html)

Dovring 08-07-2009 08:44 AM

need som help with HSP Bazooka

Hi.
is there anyone out there that can help me with my HSP bazooka 1:8 ?
it got a Vertex .21 engine, but i cant get i start :(
someone have adjusted a bit wrong, and i not got the user manual..
anyone got a manual, or knows the standar setting??

regards
Tore

Integra 08-07-2009 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dovring (Post 6174325)
Hi.
is there anyone out there that can help me with my HSP bazooka 1:8 ?
it got a Vertex .21 engine, but i cant get i start :(
someone have adjusted a bit wrong, and i not got the user manual..
anyone got a manual, or knows the standar setting??

regards
Tore

most nitro motor needle setting's are pretty close to flush for stock setting's.....flush with the body that the needle is is....get the low end needle flush and back the high speed out and try and start...make sure you have a prime and a charged glow igniter and if it wont start then lean the top end down.....Give it throttle while your trying to start it.....if you got fuel and spark it Should fire....Worst case scenario find a more knowledgeable Rc guy local to you and see if he would give you a hand. :nod:

Dovring 08-07-2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 6174431)
most nitro motor needle setting's are pretty close to flush for stock setting's.....flush with the body that the needle is is....get the low end needle flush and back the high speed out and try and start...make sure you have a prime and a charged glow igniter and if it wont start then lean the top end down.....Give it throttle while your trying to start it.....if you got fuel and spark it Should fire....Worst case scenario find a more knowledgeable Rc guy local to you and see if he would give you a hand. :nod:

oki, so the needle on the side of the carb are going to flush with the rest?
and the fuel/air screw out 3 turns?

"and if it wont start then lean the top end down"? dont understand :S

thanks Integra

Integra 08-07-2009 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dovring (Post 6174649)
oki, so the needle on the side of the carb are going to flush with the rest?
and the fuel/air screw out 3 turns?

"and if it wont start then lean the top end down"? dont understand :S

thanks Integra

it dont matter how many turns it is....stock is normally flush..so set both high speed and low speed to flush and try and start.....if the motor wont make a sound of starting or its Realllly rough to get up started lean the high speed needle till it does start.....Lean is Clockwise Rich is Counter Clockwise.

sperera 08-09-2009 06:37 PM

I am fairly new to this but I think I can help.

Firstly take out the glow plug from head, use your igniter and make sure it works (when igniter touches glow plug the coil should glow red hot). If it doesnt then your glow plug is fauly and will need to be repalced.

If that works keep priming the engine until you see a list mist come out of the hole where glow plug sits, when you see this put the glow plug back then, then squeeze the throttle a couple of times and attach glow igniter and try to start it. You will notice its harder to crank now because there is fuel in the chamber, this is normal.

If your buggy is new then it will take a few pulls to get it going. Make sure your idle is not too high, if its new you dont want it screaming just yet.

Let me know how you go.