R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHogle View Post
how did some of those ohio boys do???

i heard that chucky burg, and kevin wilson were on the bubble of making the main but thats it.
Chucky made the show in Buggy Kevin in the B
I guess Chucky needed the other main to place well but the rain stopped it from happening
__________________
Mo Denton-www.mnkraceway.com
Team Losi
Proline,-Redrock Hobbies-,VP Powermaster fuel,Darkside Designs,Speedy Bills!
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,066
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

I would like to first tip my hat to the anouncer guy that called the race most of the day with the exception of when he raced. This guy had you on the edge of your seat the entire event and made you excited to corner a race even when it wasnt your turn. Next to the dirtburner crew for a top notch track, and track layout. Next to Futuba guys for all the give aways. Just to give you an idea, it took an hour plus to go thru all the stuff they had up for raffle. If you missed this race you missed some great action and some great clean racing. Thanks to Ryan Mayfield and Chad Parks for all there support. This is by far one of the best event Ive attended, I guess thats not saying much since this is only my second event like this but if all the events in the future is this nice, its well worth spending money and time to attend.
__________________
RC8T; Losi 2.0B; FT T4; AKA & RB
Hoffman Photography, www.carolinasrc.com
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #18
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
I would like to first tip my hat to the anouncer guy that called the race most of the day with the exception of when he raced. This guy had you on the edge of your seat the entire event and made you excited to corner a race even when it wasnt your turn. Next to the dirtburner crew for a top notch track, and track layout. Next to Futuba guys for all the give aways. Just to give you an idea, it took an hour plus to go thru all the stuff they had up for raffle. If you missed this race you missed some great action and some great clean racing. Thanks to Ryan Mayfield and Chad Parks for all there support. This is by far one of the best event Ive attended, I guess thats not saying much since this is only my second event like this but if all the events in the future is this nice, its well worth spending money and time to attend.
We had a Blast!!!!!!! This was by far the best run event I have ever been too. We travel almost 2 a month all over, and this was just awesome.

The Dirt Burner Boys built one hell of a track layout, the Announcer/Director did a great job and there was never a dull moment. Every race was called like it was the NATS, and it meant alot to all of us that came. We really felt welcome.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice
 
Sampson Simpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 89
Default

OK, Pro Buggy A-Main video is up. As usual, its a large file, so be patient. Feel free to save it for later viewing also.

http://www.rcdirtballs.com

Hope to have Pro Truggy A by tomorrow afternoon.
Sampson Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 76
Default

This is a picture of me and my hardware

i'll work on the pic. lol

Well the weekend was a blast until the rain came around race 20 of the A mains.

In qualifying I had two good runs out of three. Which qualified me for third in the A main. In the A main got a terrible start, had a tuning issue, and my steering rod end popped off three times. The tuning issue and the bad start I could of overcame but the steering rod end popping off; that caused the eleventh placed finish in the intermediate truggy A main. Basically I just started clowning after that.

Special thanks to DB Crew, Futaba, OS, and all sponsors. Also, Ryan for lending me your drill bit, Muscles for fixing my rear diff, and Ryan Mayfield for the drill chuck. After I did that mod I put down my fastest qualifier of 14 laps. Definately to the announcer, when he wasn't racing.

I'm gonna get you next time Midnight and it might be a little longer ride home. LOL! congratulation on winning and picking up that 4pk!!!!

I'll be getting ready for round 3 rc pro series south next week! Looking forward to some great action down there.

Last edited by TOPS; 08-17-2009 at 06:34 PM.
TOPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
Tech Initiate
 
MG247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 41
Default

BIG THANKS to all of the racers for coming out!!! Also I want to thank Emilio for GOOD food, the DB Crew for all the help and a great facility, Scott Cramer & Jon Stokes for the event sponsorship, and Steve Hale for calling the races while I took a break from the mic to race a little myself!

All I can say is THANK YOU TO EVERYONE...what an EVENT!!!

-Mike Garrison-
247DesignWorks
sales@247designworks.net
MG247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
chickenfarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,887
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG247 View Post
BIG THANKS to all of the racers for coming out!!! Also I want to thank Emilio for GOOD food, the DB Crew for all the help and a great facility, Scott Cramer & Jon Stokes for the event sponsorship, and Steve Hale for calling the races while I took a break from the mic to race a little myself!

All I can say is THANK YOU TO EVERYONE...what an EVENT!!!

-Mike Garrison-
247DesignWorks
sales@247designworks.net
Great meeting you this weekend Mike. Talk to you soon!
__________________
WWW.FASTLANEGEAR.COM for all your "pure custom" rc pit needs.

Thanks to: Team Losi Racing, Fastlane GraphiX, Sidewinder Fuels, OS Engines, Lucky 7 RC Products
chickenfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #23
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Chad, good hanging with you guys. That was a great weekend. Tell Mike, Thanks for all his help with my RC8 and thanks for the cool hat.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #24
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG247 View Post
BIG THANKS to all of the racers for coming out!!! Also I want to thank Emilio for GOOD food, the DB Crew for all the help and a great facility, Scott Cramer & Jon Stokes for the event sponsorship, and Steve Hale for calling the races while I took a break from the mic to race a little myself!

All I can say is THANK YOU TO EVERYONE...what an EVENT!!!

-Mike Garrison-
247DesignWorks
sales@247designworks.net

Mike, you did an amazing job!!
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,446
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico
Default

race results????
__________________
Castle Creations, J-Concepts, WMD Products, Clints Creations
David Alberico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,066
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Thats whats up. Cant wait to the RC pro finals. Sorry I cant make it next week. I dont have an rc8b yet to make it worth the trip, plus wifee aint watching the kids for 3 days in a row by herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPS View Post
This is a picture of me and my hardware

i'll work on the pic. lol

Well the weekend was a blast until the rain came around race 20 of the A mains.

In qualifying I had two good runs out of three. Which qualified me for third in the A main. In the A main got a terrible start, had a tuning issue, and my steering rod end popped off three times. The tuning issue and the bad start I could of overcame but the steering rod end popping off; that caused the eleventh placed finish in the intermediate truggy A main. Basically I just started clowning after that.

Special thanks to DB Crew, Futaba, OS, and all sponsors. Also, Ryan for lending me your drill bit, Muscles for fixing my rear diff, and Ryan Mayfield for the drill chuck. After I did that mod I put down my fastest qualifier of 14 laps. Definately to the announcer, when he wasn't racing.

I'm gonna get you next time Midnight and it might be a little longer ride home. LOL! congratulation on winning and picking up that 4pk!!!!

I'll be getting ready for round 3 rc pro series south next week! Looking forward to some great action down there.
__________________
RC8T; Losi 2.0B; FT T4; AKA & RB
Hoffman Photography, www.carolinasrc.com
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #27
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Anyone know the dude that ran the Bright Flo Orange/Red Mugen truggy in Intermediate A main?? He had an RB B9 that ran insane, just wanted to find out what pipe and some other info on his set up.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,066
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
Anyone know the dude that ran the Bright Flo Orange/Red Mugen truggy in Intermediate A main?? He had an RB B9 that ran insane, just wanted to find out what pipe and some other info on his set up.
Kent Chase.
__________________
RC8T; Losi 2.0B; FT T4; AKA & RB
Hoffman Photography, www.carolinasrc.com
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:08 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
chickenfarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,887
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
Chad, good hanging with you guys. That was a great weekend. Tell Mike, Thanks for all his help with my RC8 and thanks for the cool hat.
you too man, no problem!
__________________
WWW.FASTLANEGEAR.COM for all your "pure custom" rc pit needs.

Thanks to: Team Losi Racing, Fastlane GraphiX, Sidewinder Fuels, OS Engines, Lucky 7 RC Products
chickenfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:11 AM   #30
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 76
Default

It was crazy..

TQ went
kent chase
midnight
me

at the finish midnight won, kc finish 10th and of course i was 11th

the finials should be a blast!!!

PEACE
TOPS

kc was from houston hope that hopes
TOPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net