Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin Big Bores

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)
Default Jammin Big Bores

I recently purchased two Ofna Hyper ST's...one has the stock Ofna shocks and one has the Jammin 16mm big bores. I am wondering if anyone has a good setup for them. They feel like they don't have enough rebound in them. I have grey springs for them all 4 corners also.

Thanks, trying to get the truggy ready for racing.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonski
I recently purchased two Ofna Hyper ST's...one has the stock Ofna shocks and one has the Jammin 16mm big bores. I am wondering if anyone has a good setup for them. They feel like they don't have enough rebound in them. I have grey springs for them all 4 corners also.

Thanks, trying to get the truggy ready for racing.
First thing is that the grey springs may cause you an imbalance in the truck. The greys are meant for the Jammin X2. Secondly, Jammin shocks have a very durable redish orange bladder that lasts for ever but it gets super flexable over time and will change the shock feel. Thirdly, they come with a 1.2mm piston that is meant to be drilled to the users liking. To get the shocks perfect, you will need to use the 1.2's, drilled out with #56 or #54 drill bit. You will end up with 1.3 to 1.35 mm hole. Use fresh bladders and run 35wt losi in the front 30wt losi in the rear with blue springs all the way around. Bleed the shocks to about 1 inch of rebound in the front and 1/2 inch in the rear. As the bladders wear out you can get a longer life from them if you add an equal size chunk of foam from an old tire about 3mm thick and 5mm round, in the shock cap. Good luck.