Wiki Posts
Search

RC8 vs RC8B

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

My RC8B and 2 reedy engines should be here tomorrow with any luck.

My engines should of been here today but USPS was closed yesterday.

Anyone have any tips while building the Beast?
Old 11-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

No matter what anyone says the rc8 is NOT the same as the rc8b, so many little redisigns that really make a huge difference in jumping, landing, drivabillity, and durabillity are invaluable. ive owned both the rc8b is worth every extra penny
Old 11-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

I have a RC8 and a RC8B and THERE is a noticable difference in handling. I can push the RC8B way harder in the turns and the big bores keep it stable at high speeds and in the rough. The first I raced it I came in second place, so not too shabby.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks for all the imput.so i bought the rc8 rs rtr anyway.got him down to 350 shipping new in box.i will inspect the car when it gets here and tighten anything thats lose and give it a full inspection.

an also i sold all my nonsense hpi mt2 stuff on ebay to get this kit,so i think i made out well..i have 120 lleft so i'll get some bigbore shocks and the shock towers from the rc8b.id ont plan to race rgithaway anway.my freids and i have a track built and we just race alot there for fun and i was sick of my pos mt2 breaking on every turn.im sure i can find a nice roller with big bored and all the other parts iu need to make it like the rc8b down the road....i was wondering whats the diference in wheel sizes inthe rc8 vs rc8b?can anyone give me the list of all the parts that i mainly need? bigbore,shock towers,plates abcd.and?

Last edited by vowbeachbum; 11-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Get the AL top-plate and the battery box from the RC-8B.......the "B" has the batteries mounted forward for improved handling.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default rc8 rtr

Originally Posted by mark676
Get the AL top-plate and the battery box from the RC-8B.......the "B" has the batteries mounted forward for improved handling.
ok thx...while im ordering those items.what about the wheels.the wheels on the rc8b look bigger then the ones on my rtr rs rc8.should i grab a set of wheels? 83mm from team ass rc8?i order shock towers and battery tray and top plate so far.big bores i'll get last.and was also tempted to by a 18t pinion is that to big?

and another thiing i was wondering since we wentover rc8 and rc8b.what parts can we use from rc8t on rc8 or rc8b? whats compatiable? rc8t to rc8
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vowbeachbum
ok thx...while im ordering those items.what about the wheels.the wheels on the rc8b look bigger then the ones on my rtr rs rc8.should i grab a set of wheels? 83mm from team ass rc8?i order shock towers and battery tray and top plate so far.big bores i'll get last.and was also tempted to by a 18t pinion is that to big?

and another thiing i was wondering since we wentover rc8 and rc8b.what parts can we use from rc8t on rc8 or rc8b? whats compatiable? rc8t to rc8
The RC8B comes stock w/ 83mm wheels.

18T bell might be a bit much, I'd stick w/ a 16T.

RC8T/RC8B share the same front/rear diffs and pinion gears, side guards, camber/steering rod ends, center diff mount (the top plate is different), motor mount, c hubs/knuckles, rear hubs, wing mount, servo saver assembly, etc.

I'm sure there is more stuff common between the two, that's just what I remember off the top of my head.