R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 313
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I don't remember seeing a Mugen or a Losi on the podium at the US Nationals

Definitely an XRAY there though
anf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:58 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
reggie l.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: randallstown md.
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anf0 View Post
I don't remember seeing a Mugen or a Losi on the podium at the US Nationals

Definitely an XRAY there though
that was LUCK...look at the ratio to xray podiums to losi and assotiated...

that just may be the 1st time ive ever seen a xray on the podium in a pro event
__________________
_ClockWork-Racing_
http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/
~8t 2.0
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #18
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 313
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Yes you are correct, but the 2009 Truggy was only recently released and is now on par with the Associated and Losi's, proven at that event.

I'm not going to have a brand war with you, but if you've never driven one don't bother commenting...
anf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #19
Tech Master
 
reggie l.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: randallstown md.
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anf0 View Post
Yes you are correct, but the 2009 Truggy was only recently released and is now on par with the Associated and Losi's, proven at that event.

I'm not going to have a brand war with you, but if you've never driven one don't bother commenting...
well if you dont want a brand war then i dont sujest you comeiing to a losi/mugen thread and talk about xray...
__________________
_ClockWork-Racing_
http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/
~8t 2.0
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl

Last edited by reggie l.; 08-07-2009 at 06:15 AM.
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #20
Tech Addict
 
Madbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

I would get the Mugen if it was upto me. Not sure if the issue has been fixed in the Losi but i thought there was a problem with the fitting of parts after a few gallons and they became sloppy. Mugen parts have always been top quality. But if you want the highest quality parts get an Xray. (<-had to throw some more fuel on the fire)
__________________
XT8 - Werks B5
Hyper 10SC Novak PRO ESC 4.5HV
Madbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

HAHAHAHAHAHA +1 Reggie

Now I have driven both and the Losi suits my drives style better.

Just at a local race two factory team drivers - one for Losi and one for Mugen - 30 min Amain - both of these guys were no more than 2 seconds away for the first 20mins, I mean they were on each other tails the whole race. But in the end the Losi just was allowed to use more powers in the cornors which allowed the win.......... Between the two drivers I will not say one is better that the other, but you can get no closer that this race in the entirty. I think that the Losi just handles better than any other RC out there


You know I have driven the losi since it first came out and could not be happier with anyother RC - yes its does have slop but, its a $2.50 fix - or at lease for me. and i only do in once per season....
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #22
Tech Master
 
reggie l.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: randallstown md.
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA +1 Reggie

Now I have driven both and the Losi suits my drives style better.

Just at a local race two factory team drivers - one for Losi and one for Mugen - 30 min Amain - both of these guys were no more than 2 seconds away for the first 20mins, I mean they were on each other tails the whole race. But in the end the Losi just was allowed to use more powers in the cornors which allowed the win.......... Between the two drivers I will not say one is better that the other, but you can get no closer that this race in the entirty. I think that the Losi just handles better than any other RC out there


You know I have driven the losi since it first came out and could not be happier with anyother RC - yes its does have slop but, its a $2.50 fix - or at lease for me. and i only do in once per season....
losi and mugen are the best out and if mugen had mor drivers im sure they would be on the podium more...mayfeid is the only assotiated drivier you see on the podium.. and do you realy think he's winning with the stock rc8 play form? no he has some stuff unavalable to the public that will keep him competitive with losi etc and on top of that he can drive anything

other than mayfeild when you come back down to our racing mugen and losi dominates
__________________
_ClockWork-Racing_
http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/
~8t 2.0
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #23
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie l. View Post
losi and mugen are the best out and if mugen had mor drivers im sure they would be on the podium more...mayfeid is the only assotiated drivier you see on the podium.. and do you realy think he's winning with the stock rc8 play form? no he has some stuff unavalable to the public that will keep him competitive with losi etc and on top of that he can drive anything

other than mayfeild when you come back down to our racing mugen and losi dominates

Well that just sucks for AE - if he has to run parts that is not avalible to even compete with the Losi or Mugen and the public cant get, no wonder they dont sell - hhahahahah because the losi drivers and mugen drivers use stock kits and the parts they do use are avalible to the public.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #24
Tech Master
 
reggie l.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: randallstown md.
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Well that just sucks for AE - if he has to run parts that is not avalible to even compete with the Losi or Mugen and the public cant get, no wonder they dont sell - hhahahahah because the losi drivers and mugen drivers use stock kits and the parts they do use are avalible to the public.
__________________
_ClockWork-Racing_
http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/
~8t 2.0
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi 8eight-t vs. mbx6t q8heli Nitro Off-Road 13 07-04-2009 02:46 PM
8t 2.0 vs MBX6t MattOCM Nitro Off-Road 35 06-26-2009 08:45 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net