Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikevanbrauer View Post
Thanks for all the great input I going to go ahead and purchase a set of ds1015
for my buggy and start with that. Hopefully after I put some time behind the wheel I can provide some input.

out of all the opinion's you got you deiced on these....Uff....Not a wise idea if you ask me....they are weaker then most top of the line servo's and might just fail faster then you could say "damn i wish i went hitec like the guys said"

Ive been through 1/2 dozen Ace/AE 1015's and could care less to run them in my race gear....they are too unpredictable imo.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

as soon as i need servos for my truggy i will try the hitec's but a couple of my friends have run strickly 1015's in their buggy's with zero problems. Also my LHS stocks 1015 and only carries hobbico servos that match up to hitec.
ikevanbrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #33
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikevanbrauer View Post
as soon as i need servos for my truggy i will try the hitec's but a couple of my friends have run strickly 1015's in their buggy's with zero problems. Also my LHS stocks 1015 and only carries hobbico servos that match up to hitec.

i would go with the hobbico over the ace personally.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 08-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Fast throttle servo's are OVER RATED....that's all im gonna say.
I agree with you totally very overated as speed changes in many different ways ,current ,voltage ,battery type ,signal prossesing of the radio it all has it's part how fast the servo will respond .speed is never accurate on any servo.

Me personally who cares about speed if you dont have torque
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Don't forget load.

A slow torquey servo can move a bowling ball alot faster than a speedy weak servo.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
might just fail faster then you could say "damn i wish i went hitec like the guys said"
I said that exact thing but it was the hitec that failed and i went to jr and i had the 6965's and they were for my onroad 10th scale
beta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta bob View Post
What if they are left handed?
hehe

typically lefties can drive - if they've stuck to this hobby which is all designed around right-hand radios except a few hi-end ones, it means they have had time and motivation to get the skills... and can hence enjoy the advantages of a hi-speed steering servo

another thing about FAST (sub 0.1s) throttle servos... when the carb goes from fully closed to fully open in like 0.05s, there are some strong air turbulences as opposed to having it do it in, say, 0.1s... which means the air-fuel mix is funny for a fraction of a second. I would too cast my vote against really fast throttle servos

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #38
Tech Lord

Its not that fast throttle servo's are bad or anything...but there are just NOT needed.....imo .15 is the limit for slowness...and my 5955's feel just dandy at that speed.....Ive owned Ace's and other Fast servo's....but none of them held up to the hitec....the 59's kept on coming back for more...where the JR's and Ace's were failing top cases and blowing out gears.....when i fail 3-4 ace's in a row and without a single change to the vehicle and drop in a hitec and the problem Dissapears...that says somethign to you right there.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone that can tell the difference between a .10 and .15 servos speed in the same vehicle with the same load and torque is totally "stoned".
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #40
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer43 View Post
anyone that can tell the difference between a .10 and .15 servos speed in the same vehicle with the same load and torque is totally "stoned".

okedoke....w/e you say.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
In that case, I'm going to be needing some cupcakes and a giant milkshake in about ten minutes.
InfiniteMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #42
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteMotors View Post
In that case, I'm going to be needing some cupcakes and a giant milkshake in about ten minutes.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
If the ratings are correct and not an outright lie, and the load is light like steering a RC10 or throttle on a buggy, then I can feel the difference.

But the .15s 5955 feels faster than the better .10-.13 second servos, I've tried, when its on steering of anything 1/8th scale. I heavy buggy or truggy really slows a speedy servo down.

I have an Airtronics servo rated at 200oz at .10 seconds. Way slower than my Hitec 7955 at steering.

.13 is plenty for throttle and steering. If you've got enough torque behind it.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote