Wiki Posts
Search

Advantage of .10 over .15 servo speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob
Yea especially who can not want a servo with a three year warranty???
Someone that wants a servo that doesn't even need a 3 year warranty.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob
Yea especially who can not want a servo with a three year warranty???

I like my "Lifetime" over 3 year any day.

Not to mention they dont try and send you a bill for a repair like another company we know.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Integra
I like my "Lifetime" over 3 year any day.

Not to mention they dont try and send you a bill for a repair like another company we know.
Who has lifetime on servos??
Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Who has lifetime on servos??

its common knowledge Hitec Does not ask for a receipt Nor do they care what happened to the servo.....i sent in Used Bought off ebay 645 and 5645 about 3 time's a piece and every time they were sent back working like new...Not once did they ask for proof of purchase nor did they try and bill me for w/e i was doing to them (this was in the n00b savage days when breaking low end servo's was common)...So technically its not on paper that its lifetime...but u gotta know hitec Will NEVER EVER say No to fixing your servo or getting you the newest updated version for free..which has happened Countless amounts of times.

Zerodefect partially why i put "lifetime"
Old 08-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

i can tell a difference from fast to slow servos.lately i have been running a 9000t on my throttle,and while reliable,i wish it was faster.i am just waiting for hitec to release their unregulated servos.

new servos are probably THE best upgrade for an rtr. a fast throttle servo makes a ton of difference. a .15 servo is about as slow of a servo that id want to use for anything i was racing.

so ,yeah,there is a difference,and it is noticeable,mostly when you are racing.bashing,not so much.this is also assuming we are talking about quality servos,with real specs...
Old 08-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Lord

Fast throttle servo's are OVER RATED....that's all im gonna say.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
Fast throttle servo's are OVER RATED....that's all im gonna say.
I dunno about that one. I had a 1/10 gas truck with standard servos, with a transit of something like .2 or something like that. It lagged behind what I was expecting something terrible! I had temporarily on my RC8T a Hitec 625 purely to make sure everything was functional, etc... until I could afford a better servo. HUGE difference once the new one was put in. I've been using the AE DS1015 myself. Transit of .10 and something like 220ish torque. It's enough to stop the truck on a dime and throw the wheels any which way without any problems.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

There are many factors that affect what really happens when you input a steering or throttle/brake control from your TX.

As someone already mentioned, the claimed speeds are not always 100% correct. Also, your battery voltage has a huge affect and many people overlook the fact that NiMh hump packs steadily decrease in voltage as they drain, and for LiPo some regulators are 6.0 while others are 6.5 volts. I run A123/LiFe at 7.2 volts. These three battery choices will yield vastly different servo speeds.
Basic geometry applies to the length of your servo horn- longer= faster and less torque, shorter= slower and more torque.

Considering how finicky nitro engines are, I really appreciate having the .10 or faster on the throttle. It really shows when having to blip 3 or 4 times to get the revs up around turns etc. For steering, .13 works very nicely for me. There is a noticeable difference between .15 and .10 in how fast the wheels actually steer, but on the dirt/clay, this difference seems to fade.

-Jake
Old 08-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

I'm having good luck with Hitec 7955's. Running 2S Lipo unregulated that speeds them up to about .12-.13 @ 350-380 onces.

Too much speed for steering (-40 expo), just right for throttle. I could allways use a longer servo arm and less Epa to seed up the throttle.

I would have used a speedier servo on throttle but i don't want any sevo excuses for a DNF. The 7955 may be a bit overkill, but at least it stays running, and I also could get rid of my voltage regulator. Another source of Glitching and/or DNF's.

The HV 7950 should be out soon.

I didn't know that about Hitecs service, Integra, thanks. I knew they had real good service though, heard if they do charge its for alot of parts/ or a replacement servo and its really cheap. I'm about to send back a creaky old 5955, it's not broken but needs some serious service. Cracked case, noisey gears, and I swear it moves to the right faster than left. Poor sevo has seen better days. So I guess I'll find out.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InfiniteMotors
I run A123/LiFe at 7.2 volts.
wow - I want some of these

anyone who thinks there's no difference that can be felt between 0.1s and 0.15s steering servos (both with enough torque, mind you) needs to polish their driving skills. I'm not saying faster is better for everyone, actually a lot of people will need to turn the Steering Speed down on their radios if they buy a servo that's too fast for their right hand... but the difference is definitely "feelable".

Paul
Old 08-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I'm having good luck with Hitec 7955's. Running 2S Lipo unregulated that speeds them up to about .12-.13 @ 350-380 onces.

Too much speed for steering (-40 expo), just right for throttle. I could allways use a longer servo arm and less Epa to seed up the throttle.

I would have used a speedier servo on throttle but i don't want any sevo excuses for a DNF. The 7955 may be a bit overkill, but at least it stays running, and I also could get rid of my voltage regulator. Another source of Glitching and/or DNF's.

The HV 7950 should be out soon.

I didn't know that about Hitecs service, Integra, thanks. I knew they had real good service though, heard if they do charge its for alot of parts/ or a replacement servo and its really cheap. I'm about to send back a creaky old 5955, it's not broken but needs some serious service. Cracked case, noisey gears, and I swear it moves to the right faster than left. Poor sevo has seen better days. So I guess I'll find out.

Dont be surprised if you get a BN 7955 in the mail in the next week or so....they did it 3 time's for a buddy who was blowing up his Older 5997 & 5998's which they dont make anymore...so they replaced No questions asked with 3 BN 7955's.

SLOW throttle servo's Suck....My comment on "Fast servo's are Over rated" is in reference to anything .15 or less.....its NOT needed...... .20 transit time is defiantly noticeable but .15-.10 isn't that extreme as some make it out to be.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
wow - I want some of these

anyone who thinks there's no difference that can be felt between 0.1s and 0.15s steering servos (both with enough torque, mind you) needs to polish their driving skills. I'm not saying faster is better for everyone, actually a lot of people will need to turn the Steering Speed down on their radios if they buy a servo that's too fast for their right hand... but the difference is definitely "feelable".

Paul
What if they are left handed?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

7955 FTW.. can't wait for the 7940tg to come out. 200oz at 0.06s? yes please
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the great input I going to go ahead and purchase a set of ds1015
for my buggy and start with that. Hopefully after I put some time behind the wheel I can provide some input.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ikevanbrauer
Thanks for all the great input I going to go ahead and purchase a set of ds1015
for my buggy and start with that. Hopefully after I put some time behind the wheel I can provide some input.
I like the 1015 very much so far. People complain about power consumption with the 1015 but after a whole day of racing my 2000 LiPo is only down to 75% usually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.