R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (http://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 or HPI Baja 5T (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/317145-traxxas-t-maxx-3-3-hpi-baja-5t.html)

Evolution IX 08-03-2009 08:44 PM

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 or HPI Baja 5T

This may seem like a silly questions but I am debating between the two. I only run in dirt/grass and am looking for a true basher.

Thought about going with a Savage but I do not like how you have to take apart half of the truck to fix little problems.

Losi XXL Looks pretty Nice too, but I know nothing about Losi.

I am really leaning towards the Baja 5T as there is no tuning, 45 minutes of run time and gas is cheaper.

Which would you guys go with and why?

reggie l. 08-03-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution IX (Post 6157689)
This may seem like a silly questions but I am debating between the two. I only run in dirt/grass and am looking for a true basher.

Thought about going with a Savage but I do not like how you have to take apart half of the truck to fix little problems.

I am really leaning towards the Baja 5T as there is no tuning, 45 minutes of run time and gas is cheaper.

get to know LOSI...get a xxl

Evolution IX 08-03-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggie l. (Post 6157806)
get to know LOSI...get a xxl

Why do you say this? Why Losi over T-Maxx 3.3 and HPI Baja 5T?

reggie l. 08-03-2009 09:32 PM

stronger than the tmaxx better quality and parts and radio and servo's...and as far as the baja its kool but it dont have a big WOW factor to me.. cant back flip it realy...soo bashing may get boring

SpeedFreak675 08-04-2009 02:21 AM

i have a 5b ss and a t maxx 2.5. i love my 5b, its size alone makes its cool even if you just drive up and down the street. just because it can't "back flip" doesn't mean it isn't awsome. the size and power open up a whole new set of challenges. motocross tracks are amazing with it. I would definately go with the 5t. the ease of an electric with the fun of nitro. no tuning, always starts, idles forever. I own over a dozen cars from 1/18 up to 1/5 scale, and the 5b is far and away my favorite. just wish there was more racing for them around here...

evaa 08-04-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak675 (Post 6158713)
i have a 5b ss and a t maxx 2.5. i love my 5b, its size alone makes its cool even if you just drive up and down the street. just because it can't "back flip" doesn't mean it isn't awsome. the size and power open up a whole new set of challenges. motocross tracks are amazing with it. I would definately go with the 5t. the ease of an electric with the fun of nitro. no tuning, always starts, idles forever. I own over a dozen cars from 1/18 up to 1/5 scale, and the 5b is far and away my favorite. just wish there was more racing for them around here...

+1 on that.;)

wikedgmc 08-09-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution IX (Post 6157689)

Selling a near new baja 5t, pm me if you are interested in it