Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rank the top five buggies

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Charles,
I am interested in what you found when you ran the caster?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeygrip
Hello Charles,
I am interested in what you found when you ran the caster?

that i ran a buddy for a 2 tanks and hand it back to the guy!
well um it felt skechy to me like on edge all the time it had ok steering but zero traction! and it felt hevey when it jumped
Old 08-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Peace out then
now thats funny right there!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

This title of the thread should of been, what top 5 buggys would you drive. All the buggys named all have their pros and cons and the main thing you should look at is which one can i get parts for at my LHS. I ran a mayhem sport for a long time because thats what my LHS carried the most parts for. It wasnt the best buggy on the market i know but i raced that thing for almost 2 years. I drive a Losi 8ight 2.0 now and wouldnt have a prob driven any of the buggys listed any where on this thread. Its not the car its the driver driving the car and how you take care of the car and the maint on the car that makes the car good. You could have any car in the world and if its not cared for then its no better then $60 tyco from toys r us or walmart
Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeygrip
I wonder who is dead last? There are a few oddball knockoffs out there that do not count. My list starts here.

Duratrax
Caster
ocm
team magic

I agree most of the top 10 brands are good enough to win. Maybe we should post the not so good on here to warn others.

lol
hey, I have one of those team magic abortions ( the new B8rs) and its actually pretty good for the most part. I'm faster with it then I am with my 808 or tamiya 801x. Ive got to buy parts from taiwan but its not the end of the world, I just stock up on parts. did you have a bad experience or was there first buggy that bad?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token
First of all to the guy that say mugen dont have the team support yeah right - there are more mugen drivers at the races than Kyosho.

Losi 3rd tier REALLY? Are you serious. Where? Losi is hands down the BEST buggy out right now (in the world) follow close by the mugen and AE........ You need to do something right in the design in order to sway people to make you buggy the top selling buggy the last 2 years. In this hobby people buys what work, whats good, this whole season I have broken one rod end and I drive like a bat out of hell. not to knock xray but it is not as good as the losi, and alot of their designs where taken from the losi..........Jammin and O'Donnell should not even be on this list if your talking about popular - there are more D8s at the track than both of these put together.
And all you people that is saying that its the driver, I disagree. You have to have a competive buggy to compete with the best. You give Adam Drake a RAZE and Rhonda Drake the Mugen. And Mrs. Drake will spank her soon to be hubby. Period.

When was the last time you have seen the Hyper in a Amain sportsman or pro. Tell me I want to know. The Hyper design in based off of the designes from 3-4 years ago same with the jammin. They cant compete side by side with top nothc buggies like the 8 or RC8 or the 6..... no way. I know this is all opinions but come on guys. Think about it, use facts and stats. Use you local tracks ect........ dont just base it off what you read on here or in a mag.......
I guess you didnt know the hyper 9 is out and is alot more forward thinking then just about any buggy on the market.
also, just because people are lemmings and run exactly the same thing down at the track means nothing.
the 808 is basically the same thing as the losi but of higher quality , making the choice obvious to me ad least.
as always opinions very.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

i am sorry but the hyper 9 blows lol
Old 08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

sorry but 808 is similar not the same different in alot of ways and why is everybody always hating on losi quality they never break it seems like they get loose but dont break rather have that then a car that stays tight and breaks. that being said i do think no car compares to mugen in the quality department. but for me i can drive the losi faster than the mugen think it is a little to light and nimble but it is fast just not for my style like the ae car but durability is issue for me have not yet got 2 drive a kyosho but want to badly just cant afford to have second buggy right now while running both buggy and truggy already. lhs support of car is also important. all the new cars are good just depends on your preference and driving style and what you get used 2 the eisiest
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Who would have guessed that a "pick the best buggy" thread would turn out like this?!.... That's WEIRD.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by porkchop
i am sorry but the hyper 9 blows lol
you probably drove one poorly setup.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dandrat
you probably drove one poorly setup.
i drove 3 and they all pushed
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Charles,
thanks for your input.

Dandrat,
I have only seen the first and second magic buggys, I honestly did not know they had anything new out. I did not drive one because the driver could not keep them in one piece long enough for anyone else to try and he is a darn good driver. The aluminum quality looked to be about the same as 1950's garden furniture and the plastic seemed about like a 1984 tamyia grasshopper. Maybe there new stuff is better?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
Who would have guessed that a "pick the best buggy" thread would turn out like this?!.... That's WEIRD.
I know I'm shocked!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losiracer78
This title of the thread should of been, what top 5 buggys would you drive. All the buggys named all have their pros and cons and the main thing you should look at is which one can i get parts for at my LHS. I ran a mayhem sport for a long time because thats what my LHS carried the most parts for. It wasnt the best buggy on the market i know but i raced that thing for almost 2 years. I drive a Losi 8ight 2.0 now and wouldnt have a prob driven any of the buggys listed any where on this thread. Its not the car its the driver driving the car and how you take care of the car and the maint on the car that makes the car good. You could have any car in the world and if its not cared for then its no better then $60 tyco from toys r us or walmart
I think now adays MOST LHS are a joke - 90% use great plains and horizion so parts are limited and scarce - I know mot people orders there parts online from Amain or Carolinas - ect - - - - I think years ago that would be true but now, the online shops has opened the door for customers to buy what they like and can get support for them.
I have driven every major buggy and truggy out all with stock setups and same engines and electronics and Im sorry to say that the hyper 9 sucks and so does there truggies. I would put caster over that hyper any day of the week and think that one is crap too.Forward thinking really - right now on the market as far as pushing the needle and develpment - NOTHING compares to what LOSI have done in the world of RCin the last 3 years. The RC8 is competitive but was rushed to compete with the LOSI and have flaws that will be fixed with there new buggy. Mugen 6 is a good buggy, the over all design I my opinion rivals that of the LOSI - I did not say the same, Im talking about a new design from the floor up that was developed for the AMERICAM market. People need to relalize that EUROPE tracks, AMERICAN tracks and ASIAN tracks are different by design and RC manufactors most cater to there neck of the woods with some hybrids. Losi, AE and D8 are designed for AMERICAN style tracks and drivers whereas Caster, XRAY, Mugen, Kyosho and GS are designed for more technical Euro and Asia style tracks and drivers. not saying each one is only for that but the overall design process and R&D. With todays American track in general ALL manufactors have to make a tought buggy, the rest will suit each driver differently. American track stresses the hell out of your ride compared to the Euro tracks. So if it breaks its wack period, if it dont break it could be a worthy contender.

Go LOSI!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

My new revised list .

1- Tamiya Grasshopper
2. Traxxas Bandit XL5
3. Tamiya Hornet
4. Duratrax Evader
5. Tamiya Frog

Losi, Xray, Mugen..etc are all much lesser kits, not near the quality .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.