R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #136
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to su3zero

i wanna mean that there is no BEST......
D8 won the 2008 world championship... but it not means d8 is THE BEST RC....
Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #137
Tech Initiate

1- HSP
2- Red Cat
3- ACME
4- HSP again
5- Red cat again

I was kidding (I think that this was obvious )

But I think that the list could be like that:

1- Losi, AE, tamiya
2-Mugen
3-Kyosho
4-HB
5-Xray

Don't matter, I love my D8
gligoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #138
Tech Addict

I think this thread is useful, at least when looking at the responses that were taken seriously. It's good to see why and how people perceive certain vehicles.
With me trying to really help the Tamiya product gain popularity it's good to get a feel as to what makes the cars at the top of everyones lists the most popular, and what everyone takes into account when judging for themselves.

I'm also going to vote, I'm going to base my opinions on the cars that I perceive as having the best build/quality and then my perceived performance of the vehicle. The top of my list will be the cars that in my opinion exemplify the most of both criteria. As I go down my list I feel it's the cars that excel in one category but not necessarily both. (For instance have great performance but maybe not the best quality or have amazing quality but don't necessarily work great on all tracks)

1. Tamiya - Mugen
2. Kyosho - Losi - Xray
3. Associated - Hot Bodies - Odonnel
4. Ofna - GS
5. .......

In closing as stated multiple times before, any of these vehicles that I mentioned in the right hands is competitive. I see it at events all over the world. There are even a couple more that are competitive. However I do feel that not all cars are good on all tracks. Also not all cars are compatable with different driving styles. I tried to encompass all of those criteria in my opinion above!

Just for the record, as mentioned 4 times in my post, this is just my opinion!
-Kal-Gard -TnT-Fx -TKO Bearings -Track Star
-Pyrographix Paints -Ballistic Batteries

Last edited by TRCRacer24; 08-08-2009 at 08:34 AM.
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCRacer24 View Post
I think this thread is useful, at least when looking at the responses that were taken seriously. It's good to see why and how people perceive certain vehicles.
With me trying to really help the Tamiya product gain popularity it's good to get a feel as to what makes the cars at the top of everyones lists the most popular, and what everyone takes into account when judging for themselves.

I'm also going to vote, I'm going to base my opinions on the cars that I perceive as having the best build/quality and then my perceived performance of the vehicle. The top of my list will be the cars that in my opinion exemplify the most of both criteria. As I go down my list I feel it's the cars that excel in one category but not necessarily both. (For instance have great performance but maybe not the best quality or have amazing quality but don't necessarily work great on all tracks)

1. Tamiya - Mugen
2. Kyosho - Losi - Xray
3. Associated - Hot Bodies
4. Ofna - GS
5. .......

In closing as stated multiple times before, any of these vehicles that I mentioned in the right hands is competitive. I see it at events all over the world. There are even a couple more that are competitive. However I do feel that not all cars are good on all tracks. Also not all cars are compatable with different driving styles. I tried to encompass all of those criteria in my opinion above!

Just for the record, as mentioned 4 times in my post, this is just my opinion!

Yep and fact of the matter is, the fast guys will always be fast. Great drivers will also be great setup guys and will win races. I think for guys that are less experienced, like myself(first year of 1/8th) we won't notice much of a difference. Once you are more experience a driver, have a better grapse on setting up a car, then you have to find a car that works good for you.

I've always been a Die-hard AE fan, and have always had AE's, with a few exceptions. Basically the only reason i went with the RC8T for a truggy. But truthfully i'm not sure its the truggy for me, but still being new, i'm not able to push the truggy to its full potential. Once i've got some more experience under my belt and maybe try some other vehicles, i'll be able to make a more informed decision on which truggy is 'Best', but that will just mean its best for me, and not for everyone.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #140
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No Z01B's?

Best ever. All sarcasm aside.
But my first choice would be..
1. driver

Dont matter what car you have if you cant drive.