Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
EB Mods No Longer Go Engines >

EB Mods No Longer Go Engines

EB Mods No Longer Go Engines

Old 08-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just to clarify, I never in my posts suggested that GO Engines were the best, I only talked in my experience with them.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by megasaxon
yep i think some of the older nova rods fit the go's, but they are about 3X the price, cheaper in the long run to just buy a different motor.

Go 3/5/7 port Turbo: $210
Novarossi rod: $55 (or 3 go rods @ about $18 ea)

already spend $265, plus carb issues to deal with(pretty common)

I'd rather spend $270 on a Vspec, or $150 on a novarossi n21bf or even $300 on a 21-4... To me having no headaches is worth the extra $$$

I guarantee if the same person ran a V-spec, N21bf, and Go, the same way, same fuel etc. the Go would last longer than the other 2. Some people put a rod in a Go just for insurance, I personally have seen rods last 7 gallons and only be worn .001. I rebuild 100's of motors a year, not just Go's but Nova 367, Speeds, Jx Ninja's etc. So I kind of know what I'm talking about.

So 33rd overall at the Roar Nationals in buggy isn't too bad for a guy not sponsored by Go. He was one spot away from making the A-main in truggy, I am pretty sure he was running a Go in the truggy but I can not say for sure. (Matt Gosch)
My son is sponsored by Go and placed 43rd overall in buggy and made the 1/2 main in truggy (B-main) around 33rd overall I believe. Not too bad since this was his first big race. Motors ran flawless all week.

Rex
Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
classic Nice 1 Angelo

The 7 port I mentioned in 1 of my posts came through you way back in 2006 and was still running up until feb this year on it's original piston and liner after more than 55 ltrs (only 1 set of bearings and 1 rod change in that time, 3 carbs though), and it will be running again as a 5port t with all new 5.5 internals.

The main reason it got retired was that where the clutch bearings sit on the crank had worn so much that there was about 1- 1.5 mm of play.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian just trying to brighten the day up and this thread.lol

How's Nz these days ?

I guess it also comes down to how much maintenance you do and as from what i am reading you have looked after your little baby well .

take care dude

regards Angelo
Old 08-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Thanks Adrian just trying to brighten the day up and this thread.lol

How's Nz these days ?

I guess it also comes down to how much maintenance you do and as from what i am reading you have looked after your little baby well .

take care dude

regards Angelo
thanks Angelo, NZ's pretty good at the moment the sun has finnaly started to shine for more than 1 day at a time so it looks like summer may finnaly be on it's way (touch wood).

I'm still looking into the LiFePo reciever packs just putting together my buget for the NZ nats In november at the moment so hopefully when I'm ready to order You'll have some left in stock, I've started to spred the word over here so it maybe a large order

Cheers Adrian