R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #76
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO RC View Post
Go are producing their own tuned version but it has been designed by Mark from Massive Mods who is also their australasian engine development man.

Where I would say they've used Ed's ideas are on their new GX series engines by using the coated crank, carb slide and wrist pin and they have also changed the rod and sleave design slightly.

thats why this is probably the best move Ed could have made for his own business

Adrian
Go have also been playing with TiNI cranks and pins since about early 2008 . I think if you read back on ED's page that he actually did the mods himself , not the Go Factory .. I may be wrong .. thats just what i remember. The MG66 has been around since May 2008 and its RnD started Jan 2008 .

Either way as usual if ED does an engine its gonna be good , end of story. I did hear about the JS at the Dash N Crash and it held its own against some top engines.

Best of luck with it ED !

MM
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 08-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default js

Who makes the JS, The case is not Italian, it also looks like it is still made by GO. I hope the motor is good, I know EB motors are fast but I want run time. Will the new motor come with a 6mm restrictor. The price is good so Good luck with it. The carb looks like the new GO GX carb with the gold slide not SH or Thunder Tiger so is it GO or STS?
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 08-04-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMods View Post
Go have also been playing with TiNI cranks and pins since about early 2008 . I think if you read back on ED's page that he actually did the mods himself , not the Go Factory .. I may be wrong .. thats just what i remember. The MG66 has been around since May 2008 and its RnD started Jan 2008 .

Either way as usual if ED does an engine its gonna be good , end of story. I did hear about the JS at the Dash N Crash and it held its own against some top engines.

Best of luck with it ED !

MM
The new GO motors come with the TiNI Cranks and Pins Stock
Attached Thumbnails
EB Mods No Longer Go Engines-go_engine_09.jpg   EB Mods No Longer Go Engines-go_engine_09-2.jpg  
KBRL Nitro Series
Old 08-04-2009, 06:15 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Doesn't Ed have lawyers? If I'm understanding correctly, are you guys implying that OS, Trinity and GO have stolen Ed's ideas? Hmmm... That's some big accusations.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Who makes the JS, The case is not Italian, it also looks like it is still made by GO. I hope the motor is good, I know EB motors are fast but I want run time. Will the new motor come with a 6mm restrictor. The price is good so Good luck with it. The carb looks like the new GO GX carb with the gold slide not SH or Thunder Tiger so is it GO or STS?
Read the thread more, the JS is not made by any company that you currently know. Its made by JS Engines in Taiwan, which may be why it bares some resemblence to other Taiwan motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMods View Post
The JS engine isn't an OEM retagged engine. There's no other engine on the market that will have the same crank, rod, piston, Case, etc as the JS Racing Engine.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #81
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
Doesn't Ed have lawyers? If I'm understanding correctly, are you guys implying that OS, Trinity and GO have stolen Ed's ideas? Hmmm... That's some big accusations.

Ok, lol,, before this get's all out of control. No person or company has ever used me... I was always compensated for my work. As Massive Mods posted I have nothing to do with the MG66 engine. This is his engine, not mine.

GO was already working on the TiN coated cranks when I started with the M5's. The only thing I requested TiN coated was the Carb Slide and Wrist Pin which is now standard on the GO engines. And please believe me when I say this,, I'm very happy to see them doing this........

Last edited by EBMods; 08-04-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #82
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMods View Post
Ok, lol,, before this get's all out of control. No person or company has ever used me... I was always compensated for my work. As Massive Mods posted I have nothing to do with the MG66 engine. This is his engine, not mine.

GO was already working on the TiN coated cranks when I started with the M5's. The only thing I requested TiN coated was the Carb Slide and Wrist Pin which is now standard on the GO engines. And please believe me when I say this,, I'm very happy to see them doing this........
Sir... You just killed a thread that was getting real fun to read. I had my popcorn and soda all ready.

All kidding aside, best of luck to you.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
Sir... You just killed a thread that was getting real fun to read. I had my popcorn and soda all ready.

All kidding aside, best of luck to you.
Word on the street is the new JS is going to kill every motor out there, smoother than a Reedy, more power than a Toro Nero and will get 16 mins on a 125cc tank!

but seriously, i have faith that this will be a top contender, especially with Ed behind it, and the price tag makes me smile!
Old 08-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #84
Tech Fanatic

You meen this fluff and puff, very wacky stuff is still blpwing about?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by megasaxon View Post
Read the thread more, the JS is not made by any company that you currently know. Its made by JS Engines in Taiwan, which may be why it bares some resemblence to other Taiwan motors.
He said it is not a OEM retagged engine, all that means is it is not retagged . JS can be made by GO and called JS like Ninja is made by OS.
KBRL Nitro Series
Old 08-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #86
Tech Addict

Quote:
He said it is not a OEM retagged engine, all that means is it is not retagged . JS can be made by GO and called JS like Ninja is made by OS.
and RB produced by Noarossi but in this case I don't think so. At the end of the day it's the end result that matters.

If the engine works it will sell end of story who cares where it comes from.

And if Ian Healeys running 1 I would guess that it doesn't have anything to do with the go factory

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megasaxon View Post
You sure it's not Malaysia?

My biggest concern is the quality of the material. Hope it's not cheap metal. Would hate to change con'rods every two gallons.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #88
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
You sure it's not Malaysia?

My biggest concern is the quality of the material. Hope it's not cheap metal. Would hate to change con'rods every two gallons.

JS has its own factory website, which is based out of Taiwan, its not a GO. Hopefull the quality of the parts will be a bit better. One thing i noticed is the new Coated cranks wear on the rod less, so the rods last longer. so hopefully if Ed goes with a coated crank, even a cheaper brass in the rod will last long.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

I'm really looking forward to some comparison to other engines and the actual release. I'm looking for an engine currently, I'm down to 1... I need just a little more power than my VSPEC.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #90
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
The new GO motors come with the TiNI Cranks and Pins Stock
It's pretty cool that the new GO motors are coming with an extra con rod!

Hopefully the other manufacturers follow this example!
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Closed Thread