Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
OS V-Spec II World Edition or Mugen Ninja JX21??? >

OS V-Spec II World Edition or Mugen Ninja JX21???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS V-Spec II World Edition or Mugen Ninja JX21???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reggie l.
OH MAN...WW3 IS HERE!!!

Wow war over one post that's powerful I had no idea I had that much power. Haha. Well bottom line is the speed is a much more refined engine. It's like the difference between a Toyota and a Lexus, and I do like my Lexus.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Wow war over one post that's powerful I had no idea I had that much power. Haha. Well bottom line is the speed is a much more refined engine. It's like the difference between a Toyota and a Lexus, and I do like my Lexus.
Oh i beg to differ...
I have owned both, tested both, and seen the results from both.... Both are great engines but in my HONEST opinion the JX is the better more reliable engine.. The only thing the speed has over the JX is the OEM ceramic bearing and in my opinion it's not very good anyway.. I would replace with a TKO before break-in.

Last edited by jpalessi; 08-01-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

I heard something about having trouble or having to change the wrist pin clips after a couple of gallons on the ninja engine.Is there any truth to this?? Sounds like Bull$hit to me....Thanks...
Old 08-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Oh i beg to differ...
I have owned both, tested both, and seen the results from both.... Both are great engines but in my HONEST opinion the JX is the better more reliable engine.. The only thing the speed has over the JX is the OEM ceramic bearing and in my opinion it's not very good anyway.. I would replace with a TKO before break-in.
Now you aren't just saying that because of obligations due to association???
Old 08-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
Now you aren't just saying that because of obligations due to association???
absolutely not... I don't get paid.... I run whatever i want.. I've been running OS engines and Mugen cars long before i was sponsored by ANYONE
(MBX4, RZ V01B, 10yrs ago) .. Having said that you could imagine how happy i was to get on team mugen.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-spoon
I heard something about having trouble or having to change the wrist pin clips after a couple of gallons on the ninja engine.Is there any truth to this?? Sounds like Bull$hit to me....Thanks...
In the time i've been running the Ninja JX i've never replaced any c-clips.. I get 8-9 gallons on a JX, before a rebuild.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks.. I'm out of the game for a few weeks.Trying to scrape up a few dollars for a new motor.. I'm used of novas,sirios and a jp racing motor.Jp was the best by far.A lot of people are running speeds.Few are starting to fun ninjas.I don't have alot of $$ at the moment.My buddy runs a speed in his x6 and a eb mod ninja in his truck.I asked which he buy again and he said probably the ninja.Don't get me wrong he loves his speed.I guess with these times money saved means something..
Old 08-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have not changed a wrist pin clip on my Ninja either (2.64172052 us gallons) but a fellow racer did have one come out, he did change the conrod though; operator error I think.

I have both and I do like my speed, but I only bought it because no one had Ninja stock, the power output is very similar to my Ninja.

I just rebuilt the Ninja with TKO bearings like my ol mate JPAlessi, after 2.64172052 us gallons it was a little notchy.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks.I'm undecided on which engine to buy.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I probably should mention that I get approx. the same fuel consumption (12minutes at our track) and I use the 2042 Ninja pipe.

I would go with the Ninja not because it is a better design but because the Ninja is just as good for less.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The speed is a nice piece and the weighted crank gives it a smoother powerband. the jx is a nice piece also and with the unweighted crank make it a bit more snappy. both are easy to tune and bad ass! I personally own speeds and that is what i like and would recomend.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replies fellas,I really appeciate them...
Old 08-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I currently have 2 speed engines, last years Al and this years II and 2 ninja Jx engines. I've also had the Mg head version 2 years ago. I like them all but if money is no concern I'd run all speed engines. If money is an issue Ninja or V-Spec. The easiest tuning engine is the regular V-Spec, so for beginners that would be my choice. Tuning ease the V-spec is the easiest then comes the Ninja and the Speed engine takes a little bit more needle turning but still easy.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Toycar5
I currently have 2 speed engines, last years Al and this years II and 2 ninja Jx engines. I've also had the Mg head version 2 years ago. I like them all but if money is no concern I'd run all speed engines. If money is an issue Ninja or V-Spec. The easiest tuning engine is the regular V-Spec, so for beginners that would be my choice. Tuning ease the V-spec is the easiest then comes the Ninja and the Speed engine takes a little bit more needle turning but still easy.

I agree the ninja is the budget speed engine. I dnt personally know anyone who would choose the ninja over the speed if money was not an issue. Very well said.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jpalessi
absolutely not... I don't get paid.... I run whatever i want.. I've been running OS engines and Mugen cars long before i was sponsored by ANYONE
(MBX4, RZ V01B, 10yrs ago) .. Having said that you could imagine how happy i was to get on team mugen.

Joe I agree 100% you are a very lucky guy and must be pretty talented too with a name like mugen behind you. Good job keep up the good work. On the ninja/ speed issue - I'm just messing with you. You helped me out when I started running a speed with the pipe and eb mods head button. Thanks again Joe you took the time to help a fellow RC er and that goes along way on my book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.