R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-19-2009, 06:17 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Set your endpoints right and have make sure the carb pulls out smooth, also leave enough when at WOT you can still pull the carb open a 1.5mm or so past the arm with your fingers. ENDPOINTS !!!!!!
Endpoints weren't my problem. I've been setting up helicopters and planes with much more complex radio programming than these cars could ever have for probably 15 years and endpoints are the first thing I check. One curious thing however is since I have put Futaba servos in I haven't had a problem. Out of curiosity, what radio and receiver is everyone using?
rc-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
Endpoints weren't my problem. I've been setting up helicopters and planes with much more complex radio programming than these cars could ever have for probably 15 years and endpoints are the first thing I check. One curious thing however is since I have put Futaba servos in I haven't had a problem. Out of curiosity, what radio and receiver is everyone using?
dx3r t/b jr 9100s,steering jr 9100t

Losi 8ight T 2.0 Alpha S852 (Orange Head)
www.hobbyhut.com
dadsvtechonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Hmm. I have a DX3S with the telemetry receiver whatever model that is. Wonder if the pulse width or something could be contributing. Of course then it would affect other cars as well.
rc-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Set your endpoints right and have make sure the carb pulls out smooth, also leave enough when at WOT you can still pull the carb open a 1.5mm or so past the arm with your fingers. ENDPOINTS !!!!!!
You can scream endpoints all you want, but plenty of us have said that the EPAs were set correctly.
jared52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

this may sound crazy.. i know my truck not rtr but i was going thru servos as well but this what i did i got hitech 645mg(yes cheap servo) after every heat i been lossen up the screw on the servo from the tray the tighten back up..something i been trying because of chassis flex so far i have gone 2 race days with no problem
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52 View Post
You can scream endpoints all you want, but plenty of us have said that the EPAs were set correctly.
I agree. For some end points are the problem. For others chassis flex. My problems were the servos themselves. The cheap servos just don't hold up to the high current loads placed on them pulling on the brakes and against throttle return springs. Quallity servos will hold up better. Also it's a good idea to make sure thers no load on the servo at neutral (idle position). Checking and adjusting springs and linkage may be necassary to achieve this.

Btw, I have burned up several throttle servos in many cars over the years. So this issue is not a Losi only thing. Using a Futaba BLS451 now in my 8T 2.0 and it has been solid so far.
John Schafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to su3zero

i don't know if i understand the problem with the flex chassi....

what about this, to cancel the tray flexibility: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tray-Stiffener

Old 09-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to su3zero

no body knows???
Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

Default 3 in 3 minutes

Call me careless but I don't think so after reading your great information on the Losi 8T throttle/brake servos!. I bought an original 8T 2nd hand from one of the top Truggy drivers here in Ireland and picked up a new 8T 2.0 at Christmas for myself (yep my big present!). Anyway first day out was last Sunday at our Winter Championship and guess what!. Two sparkling new Scanner RC Titanium servos just stopped working (1 in each truggy while the steering servos' just keep on going!!. First one lasted a few laps and then just stopped working while my truggy ran 1 heat and got 16 laps in to the Final when it just diead!. Today I took some advice and swapped out the expensive Titanium servo for a cheap TowerPro which acted really strange when I put it in so checked a 2nd one and same reaction (sticking open until I pushed the brake trigger and then it reset to neutral!). When I eventually got it to behave itself (by initially giving it full EPA and then adjusting it down to the required EPA) I started the truggy and put it on the edge of the pit lane to warm up the engine!. I patted myself on the back for getting my new truggy ready to rock and then without warning the TowerPro servo just failed!!. I'd had it with these two truggies until I read your suggestion of the solid connection to the chassis (as I'm out of work now 7 months and replacing 2 minute old servos is not something I can affoard).

Thanks for listening. Enda. (Navan Nitro Nuts - Ireland)
Enda is offline   Reply With Quote