Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo RX won't fit in 8ight

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Lipo RX won't fit in 8ight

I switched from an Associated RC8 to the Losi 8ight and my Team Associated Lipo RX packs will not quite fit.

1. Does anyone make an aftermarket cover that will provide a little more room?

2. Is there any good workaround to make it fit?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iphatbob
I switched from an Associated RC8 to the Losi 8ight and my Team Associated Lipo RX packs will not quite fit.

1. Does anyone make an aftermarket cover that will provide a little more room?

2. Is there any good workaround to make it fit?
What lipo?

The losi comes with 2 covers one for lipos that are flat - the other for aa 5 cell hump pack. If it dose not fit, then its time for a new pack. the AE lipo will not fit
Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Not exactly the same, but the batteries I use don't fit into the 8ight, and i've had to use a dremel to take a little material out of the lid to make it fit.
It's almost to the point of breaking through, so just put a losi sticker over the top to try and reseal.

It's an option if it's close to fitting
Old 07-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Losi makes a lipo thats a direct fit just for the 8ight vehicles.

Losi 2s lipo
Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use the losi pack in my 8t 2.0, however I use the humpack lid, just too tight a fit with the balancer lead.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

I cut the clip tab off my balancer lead, and it fits perfect with barely any movement.

Who needs the balancer clip anyway. I use an AstroBlinky balancer (you need an adapter to use it with the Losi Balancer Lead) and it doesn't have the tab that the clip will grab like the Losi Balancer (I assume).

Plus my battery just lays there without going anywhere while its charging, so I don't expect my balancer to just fall off, and the adapter I use fits really tight, and it just doesn't slide off.

IMO cut the tab clip and it fits like a glove at that point.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

I forgot to mention that I have the AE lipo packs. It looks like I will have to cut out a little bit of the hump pack cover. I think i will have to cut thru it...

do you think I can heat up the plastic to get it to bend a little bit?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Just fitted a 2300 mah Nosram lipo into the box and instead of messing with the lid i used ducktape. After a 3 day race didnt have any problems with it and the box is still as clean as before from the inside, though it was raining half of the time. Couple of circles around the hole battery box. It may sound like a sloppy suggestion but i really dont see, how this could fail. At least it bring me the victory in the main.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think Losi needs to come out with a tall square lid. If they would make the hump pack lid but square off the edges and corners it would be the perfect lid. Either that or stretch the flat pack lid straight up about 15mm or so--perfect.

LOSI we need a tall battery pack lid for these cars. Please. I only ask for this cause when it's time to buy new batteries for my cars the Losi lipo's are usually out of stock so I have to go with something else.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

I cut a 1/4" out of the hump pack lid (starting where the hump begins at the bottom) to make it fit. I sealed the lid with electrical tape to keep most of the dirt out. The batt is snug and fits pretty well now. The connectors fit nicely next to the batt. It turned out decent, better than spending another $100 on two Losi lipos.

I agree that Losi needs to make a more universal cover. May be someone can make one and start selling it. I would buy it!

Thanks for all the comments.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iphatbob
I cut a 1/4" out of the hump pack lid (starting where the hump begins at the bottom) to make it fit. I sealed the lid with electrical tape to keep most of the dirt out. The batt is snug and fits pretty well now. The connectors fit nicely next to the batt. It turned out decent, better than spending another $100 on two Losi lipos.

I agree that Losi needs to make a more universal cover. May be someone can make one and start selling it. I would buy it!

Thanks for all the comments.
No I disagree, losi do not need to make a universal cover, they make a product that fits, and there are a number of other Lipos that fit. I think that using duck tape on a $1500 toys is GHETTO. You spend this much money on something, I belived in doing it right.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by token
No I disagree, losi do not need to make a universal cover, they make a product that fits, and there are a number of other Lipos that fit. I think that using duck tape on a $1500 toys is GHETTO. You spend this much money on something, I belived in doing it right.
What other lipo fit? the only one I found is the Losi lipo. The electronics should be universal.

I have been racing for many years and I have found the need to improve on Losi and AE designs in many different ways. Factory drivers do it as well. Many of these improvements have involved cuting, drilling holes, glue, tape, etc. This is just another mod to make the car fit me better. If doing it right means sticking to what is available I think you are missing the best part of the hobby.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Its not a big stress area, so instead of wasting my time on drilling holes and then still using ducktape and being timewastingghetto i went the easier way. Dont want to start a fight, just my point of wiev.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

LOL... Have you used google.

http://www.commonsenserc.com/

Here is a pack that is smaller then the Losi pack and fits even better and is cheaper.

25 mm x 23 mm x 52 mm - 69 grams
compared to the Losi 2S below
40 mm x 52 mm x 20 mm - 86 grams

See pic of the 7.4 2s pack below. My LHS sells these and has had great success with them and they are good about customer service.
Attached Thumbnails Lipo RX won't fit in 8ight-product_thumb.jpg  
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Is it just me, or is this the wrong forum to be discussing lipo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.