R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post
The mp9 likes to be driven. Its the buggy you can push to the limit!! Its made to be ultra durable, ultra fast, and ultra competitive but comes at a hefty price. Thats why most people dont have an mp9. Their mostly for the big guys who can push it to its max. It has more of a pro-driver build per say. No offense to you, but if your not an ultra fast and good driver, stay away from the mp9. mbx6 should work just fine for ya!!
what a load of bullshit. i would buy a mbx6 just to stay away from douche bags like you.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
what a load of bullshit. i would buy a mbx6 just to stay away from douche bags like you.
I wasnt trying to offend anyone.

As for the mbx6, i didnt mean for it to be NON competitive because thats far from it. Its a very good buggy and can compete with the rest of them. I just feel the build of the mp9 is amazing but so difficult to setup (hint: for people who know what their doing~not saying you dont know). A lot of people think the same way. No offense was to be intended but then again this is drama tech.

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 07-28-2009 at 09:10 PM.
freestylinmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm0ne View Post
thanks for the info from the mugen guys, unlike the K guy pushing that if you cant drive dont buy... what a load of bull..
Yeah, I'm sure they'll probably sponsor him when he turns 12 or so...

Quote:

I'm really leaning towards the Mbx as Fioroni has just put out a chassis for it (not a big turning factor but thats what i've run for years) and that online shops seem to have more mugen parts instock and thats what i need.

I'll post up when i get the box from ups
When you build the kit, be sure to ream the arms. It makes a HUGE difference in the way the car behaves.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Domit at least you have a sense of humor

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 07-28-2009 at 09:09 PM.
freestylinmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Grimm0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
When you build the kit, be sure to ream the arms. It makes a HUGE difference in the way the car behaves.
will do.
Grimm0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Not sure about everyone's else feedback, but I own both cars. Currently, out the box, the MBX6 is more durable compared to the MP9 TKI kit. The MP9 SE does have some improved parts now, but they both need some minor parts here and there to be really good. The MBX6 requires IMO the upper front arm holder. The MP9 needs the newer upper arms and AL upper arm holder also. The MP9 does has the free spinning, low drag drivetrain and the CB/spur gears see to last forever. I prefer the TKI MP9, with option 93mm axleshafts F & R with the C bulkheads. Also, clearancing the rear prop shaft from the engine on the MP9 is very important. The MBX6 of course would be the version two kit, with AL rear hubs and TTR/RC8 brakes rotors and MBX5 brake plates. Add the AL axles shafts and center drive cups also.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Not sure about everyone's else feedback, but I own both cars. Currently, out the box, the MBX6 is more durable compared to the MP9 TKI kit. The MP9 SE does have some improved parts now, but they both need some minor parts here and there to be really good. The MBX6 requires IMO the upper front arm holder. The MP9 needs the newer upper arms and AL upper arm holder also. The MP9 does has the free spinning, low drag drivetrain and the CB/spur gears see to last forever. I prefer the TKI MP9, with option 93mm axleshafts F & R with the C bulkheads. Also, clearancing the rear prop shaft from the engine on the MP9 is very important. The MBX6 of course would be the version two kit, with AL rear hubs and TTR/RC8 brakes rotors and MBX5 brake plates. Add the AL axles shafts and center drive cups also.
see a "non" bashing K driver i like that lol. thanks for you insite.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm0ne View Post
see a "non" bashing K driver i like that lol. thanks for you insite.
I wasnt trying to bash anyone! Sorry if it came off that way.

I just think the mp9 is a whole different design than the mbx. If you drive a mbx6 and then drive a mp9, there 2 completely different machines. Their both very excellent cars. They both require experience(for setup, maneuverability, etc.). I personally just think the mp9 needs a little bit more attention to get its full potential out of it!!! And once you do find the mp9's full potential, you can drive the wheels off of it.

I wasnt trying to be rude or trying to bash anyone nor any manufacturer!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #24
Tech Adept

yeah, its just the way you came off when posting.

what sucks is, funds are here, but i cant make my mind up, back to flippin coins lol.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:11 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i would think it would come do to weather you want pivot balls, or c-hub suspension type.

i mean if the prices are so close to each other, thats really all it comes down to.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #26
Tech Adept

yeah, but i've driven C types since the Mp7.5 so dont know haha. This sucks but im sure i'll figure it out, my pro/cons page i threw out going to start over
Old 07-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I own an MBX6 AND MBX6T! The MP9 is a great car but you won't have a let down by purchasing a MBX6! Every buggy needs to be set up to cater to your driving style as well as the track it's being run on. It doesn't matter if it's an MP9 or a Hot Bodies D8. If I were you, I'd purchase a MBX6 and spend the dough you'd save by not getting a MP9 on a good engine.
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I own an MBX6 AND MBX6T! The MP9 is a great car but you won't have a let down by purchasing a MBX6! Every buggy needs to be set up to cater to your driving style as well as the track it's being run on. It doesn't matter if it's an MP9 or a Hot Bodies D8. If I were you, I'd purchase a MBX6 and spend the dough you'd save by not getting a MP9 on a good engine.
you my father just said that lol, and he knows nothing about these, just that i know how to drive them and work on them. funny, hes 34years older then me but still up to par on somethings lolz.

i have one in my cart, just havent hit the magic button yet.......
Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Hey 'Dub.

Were you the one saying that the MP9's driveshafts had a tendancy to pop-out when the suspension would go to full down-travel? I've got my SE buggy in front of me; I've got it set-up with full froop front & rear 100 and 121.5mm respectively, and they show no sign of wanting to pop-out.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that I have the slightly shorter rear shocks, which limit my downtravel?
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote