Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stalling when low on fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sperera
Model is BS802T, I bought it over ebay. When I took it to my hobby shop they were surprised how well it went, how much poke it had.

Its got a .21 3.5CC CXP. It was very cheap so im not expecting a great life span from it but I do take care of it, run it out of fuel, use after run oil, keep it clean etc.
I also brought this car of ebay also . Do u know the stock settings for the engine low speed and high speed needles . i moved mine before i wrote them down :s .
I never owned a nitro rc car before so i am real new to all of this, also i cant get the car to start now .I think i keep fluding the engine because i wonted to keep the engine as rick as possible , So i didn't put it at risk.
''But u dont move the low speed'' I found out now !
Anyways i think i am fluding the engine now ! .. hoping that is my problem anyways !
Because when i remove the glow plug there is plenty of fuel in the head !.
Thanks if u can help champ .. also i noticed air bubbles in my fuel line also .. If that helps . Think i might put longer fuel lines on & Different fuel tank & see if that helps .
Also was thinking might be from the fuel tank making the fuel get air bubbles trapped in the line for some reason .. just a thought .. see if u change fuel tanks and the fuel lines that helps u get no air bubbles. .
Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkie16
I also brought this car of ebay also . Do u know the stock settings for the engine low speed and high speed needles . i moved mine before i wrote them down :s .
I never owned a nitro rc car before so i am real new to all of this, also i cant get the car to start now .I think i keep fluding the engine because i wonted to keep the engine as rick as possible , So i didn't put it at risk.
''But u dont move the low speed'' I found out now !
Anyways i think i am fluding the engine now ! .. hoping that is my problem anyways !
Because when i remove the glow plug there is plenty of fuel in the head !.
Thanks if u can help champ .. also i noticed air bubbles in my fuel line also .. If that helps . Think i might put longer fuel lines on & Different fuel tank & see if that helps .
Also was thinking might be from the fuel tank making the fuel get air bubbles trapped in the line for some reason .. just a thought .. see if u change fuel tanks and the fuel lines that helps u get no air bubbles. .
How u doing?

Its not a bad buggie for the price, where abouts u from?

Ok the HS needle factory setting is 4.5 turns out from fully in (when screwing in dont screw it too tightly!)

The SH motor from what I have read is pretty robust (thought not the quickest thing out there by a long shot). If its not starting sounds like its flooded, is the pull start hard to pull? Take out the glow plug turn it upside down and try to start it again, this time leave the glow plug slightly loose. when it starts tighten the glow plug up again.

Generally the LS needle doesnt need allot of adjusting if any, if I were you I would find out the factory setting and leave it there for now.

Before starting its common to have some bubbles (I get them in mine) but when its running there shouldnt be any unless your running the tank empty and thats only when its really low.

Let me know how you go, im going to change fuel lines shortly to see if this helps it.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

on our go-tecs when it doe's that we richin the hsn1/8 turn counter clockwise. richen. It works. could be your problem. I would replace fuel tubing anyway.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmatt
on our go-tecs when it doe's that we richin the hsn1/8 turn counter clockwise. richen. It works. could be your problem. I would replace fuel tubing anyway.
Thanks for the info, i will do both to be on safe side although I dont think its running lean at all, blowing plenty of smoke and keeping pretty cool. Bought some new fuel tubing today so will install it tonight.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sperera
How u doing?

Its not a bad buggie for the price, where abouts u from?

Ok the HS needle factory setting is 4.5 turns out from fully in (when screwing in dont screw it too tightly!)

The SH motor from what I have read is pretty robust (thought not the quickest thing out there by a long shot). If its not starting sounds like its flooded, is the pull start hard to pull? Take out the glow plug turn it upside down and try to start it again, this time leave the glow plug slightly loose. when it starts tighten the glow plug up again.

Generally the LS needle doesnt need allot of adjusting if any, if I were you I would find out the factory setting and leave it there for now.

Before starting its common to have some bubbles (I get them in mine) but when its running there shouldnt be any unless your running the tank empty and thats only when its really low.

Let me know how you go, im going to change fuel lines shortly to see if this helps it.
Awesome thanks champ .
I live in Melbourne near city .
Ended up getting the buggy going , running like a dream now .
Can find any out door buggy 1:8 tracks to go to thow .
There all for drifting or indoor buggy's....
No new fuel lines for me yet only get bubbles at very low fuel .
Don't seem to hot im running it lean just to be safe .
Plenty of smoke .
Thinking of selling it to get a on road drifter thow or swap it with someone .
Thanks heap again champ.