Shaving after removal of spark plug.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shaving after removal of spark plug.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Shaving after removal of spark plug.

I started my mad beast for the first time today. Pulled out the spark plug and put after run oil in the cylinder. Started the engine and my radio was on reverse throttle so the throttle was full on for about 5 seconds :| when I removed the plug after a 15 min break in run to 200 degrees to add after run oil, I saw 2 little shavings, I'm not sure if they're from the spark plug or not but they were beside the sparkplug, which is hard to do when the spark plug is in the motor.

Is this a bad thing. The whole full throttle for 5 seconds first start. Even with after run oil in before starting for the first time. Pissed me off. Stupid remote.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool

you can't blame the reomte, it is just one of those things that happen.

the best thing to do would be to tear down the engine. if you don't feel convident enough then take out the glow plug and inspect it. if you see anything that doesn't look right you will have to tear down the engine if not. just try to get the best look you can. but you should try to tear down the engine. Better To Be Safe Then Sorry. this however shouldn't hur the engine to much. it was only 5 secs. try all so turning the flywheel on the engine to try and see if every thing is moves smoothly, (i know it is not boken in yet) but you should be a ble to feel if there is anything inside the engine.

hope this helps
Old 07-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 on tearing the motor down for inspection