Wiki Posts
Search

What happened ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default What happened ???

what happened to the days when a "sponsorship" actually meant something???

nowadays anybody and everybody are saying they are sponsored by this company or that company but in reality what is it ?

is it because somebody said they would give them a little price break so they are now sponsored ?

i am just curious to read what you " the rctech community" understand "being sponsored" is .

happy motorin',
monty

autie bender from phoenix ,AZ is a sponsored driver, free engines to race with and all is asked of him is his input and to aquire knowledge , yes he earned it , yes he needed it and he impressed me when i was at the pit . oh and represent

sponsored by houstonsengineservice.com

Last edited by houston; 07-22-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

well since i know u arr referring to team terribles, it is not a little price break, it is pretty big.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Being sponsored is something that should be EARNED with proven race results, not just given away to any jo shmo that asked for it . But it seems those days are long gone.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by beginner4life
well since i know u arr referring to team terribles, it is not a little price break, it is pretty big.

just asking a simple question beginner
Old 07-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by moparsrule
Being sponsored is something that should be EARNED with proven race results, not just given away to any jo shmo that asked for it . But it seems those days are long gone.
i agree a sponsorship should be earned and all sponsored parties should have a working relationship with there sponsor/s .

viva le france,
monty
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Fast drivers with impressive resumes will get sponsored by companies who want to be associated with the fast guys..I have seen drivers with 25%, 50% and of course full sponsorships, based solely on their resumes and attitude..

Then there are sponsors who offer partial or full sponsorships to people in the hopes that they will be well represented by a good person, who will spread the word about their products and services, and represent them in a good way and help them make sales and grow their company.

Mike at Answer RC gave me a sponsorship because I was so enthusiastic about his products I told everyone how great i thought they were. He thanked me for promoting his products by giving me my stuff at discount prices..Since that time I have gotten about 20 new customers for him by giving out his stuff at my expense and his, and his company is growing because of me..I would think that the main reason companies sponsor drivers is to get more business..After all its just another form of advertising..they give you something in hopes that you will help them make more money.

In respect to Team Terribles getting 3 sponsors in less than a week, all 3 of the companies realized the potential of having thousands of Team members across the world and hope that every single member will buy and promote their products, and that is how we are able to make the world go round. One hand washes the other, and both hands come out clean..Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Funny thing about sponsorships(50 or 25%), is you can usually still get better pricing if you know where to look. And, you have a choice of what brand you want.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Fast drivers with impressive resumes will get sponsored by companies who want to be associated with the fast guys..I have seen drivers with 25%, 50% and of course full sponsorships, based solely on their resumes and attitude..

Then there are sponsors who offer partial or full sponsorships to people in the hopes that they will be well represented by a good person, who will spread the word about their products and services, and represent them in a good way and help them make sales and grow their company.

Mike at Answer RC gave me a sponsorship because I was so enthusiastic about his products I told everyone how great i thought they were. He thanked me for promoting his products by giving me my stuff at discount prices..Since that time I have gotten about 20 new customers for him by giving out his stuff at my expense and his, and his company is growing because of me..I would think that the main reason companies sponsor drivers is to get more business..After all its just another form of advertising..they give you something in hopes that you will help them make more money.

In respect to Team Terribles getting 3 sponsors in less than a week, all 3 of the companies realized the potential of having thousands of Team members across the world and hope that every single member will buy and promote their products, and that is how we are able to make the world go round. One hand washes the other, and both hands come out clean..Let me know if you have any other questions
most excellent james

keep your thoughts coming

i do run a business ya know
i like to make sure the products i use are very worthy and would have no doubt about using them in a race before i personally suport them
products that last , and provide the best of what it is designed to do are the kind of products that are deserving .
Old 07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparsrule

Sponsorships in RC are about advertising, not about how great you are. If i ran XX fuel for example and said it was amazing and it ran really clean to a bunch of local guys looking for a new brand of fuel. It wouldnt matter if i won or not, as long as it was clear the fuel dosent suck they would probaly give it a shot regardless! I know you may think that it is something that should be earned by being the best, but in all honesty...a good word for a product regardless of a persons skill goes a long way. I know people who get sponsorships from random companies just to say "hey next time you need this, try out so and so".

On another note, full factory sponserships ships are still extremely hard to get if you ask me. 50/50 deals are not that hard to get anymore, but the catch is that you are paying 50% off retail which is sky high anyway. I personally think that anyone who is an active racer and is knowlegable about the hobby etc, can present a sponsorship just as well as anyone else. As long as the product isnt failing, advertising is advertising and word of mouth travels like the plague.

Please dont get me wrong though, i do somewhat agree with you that they should be earned(espcially full factory deals).
Old 07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When sponsorships are thrown around like they are now it makes the honor, well, not much of an honor anymore. A person should earn it with a great personality, knowledge of the sport, exceptional skill, and must be able to get the word out to others about the product or products they support. They must also be able to travel to different parts of the country to achieve this goal. A person that never leaves their home track is pretty useless when it comes to marketing.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pl_unc86
Sponsorships in RC are about advertising, not about how great you are. If i ran XX fuel for example and said it was amazing and it ran really clean to a bunch of local guys looking for a new brand of fuel. It wouldnt matter if i won or not, as long as it was clear the fuel dosent suck they would probaly give it a shot regardless! I know you may think that it is something that should be earned by being the best, but in all honesty...a good word for a product regardless of a persons skill goes a long way. I know people who get sponsorships from random companies just to say "hey next time you need this, try out so and so".

On another note, full factory sponserships ships are still extremely hard to get if you ask me. 50/50 deals are not that hard to get anymore, but the catch is that you are paying 50% off retail which is sky high anyway. I personally think that anyone who is an active racer and is knowlegable about the hobby etc, can present a sponsorship just as well as anyone else. As long as the product isnt failing, advertising is advertising and word of mouth travels like the plague.

Please dont get me wrong though, i do somewhat agree with you that they should be earned(espcially full factory deals).
xlnt points

so you are saying sponsorship is actually being a representative of the company ?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by roadracer43
When sponsorships are thrown around like they are now it makes the honor, well, not much of an honor anymore. A person should earn it with a great personality, knowledge of the sport, exceptional skill, and must be able to get the word out to others about the product or products they support. They must also be able to travel to different parts of the country to achieve this goal. A person that never leaves their home track is pretty useless when it comes to marketing.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you are obligated to run that companies products, i would think its safe to say that you represent that company. The way you acted etc all reflect how that company looks.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i do run a business ya know
As a business man (putting your diehard RC enthusiasm behind you) If someone came to you and said I have 1000 guys who will all run/buy/promote your engines if you give us all 25% off your regular prices. I am sure Houstons Engine Service would now be a proud sponsor of that Team.

As far as using/promoting products you believe in..I agree 100%..and I love the fact of having an entire team giving input of the product
Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default You should sponsor Nick

The new RC Generation. He is a very good driver with lots of raw talent. He has already and will continue to prove that you too can win with an engine from Houston's Engine Service,

Sounded pretty good.....eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.