Originally Posted by stavman View Post
Heck of a Thread Monty

You struck it rich again

Maybe you should look at The Senate or something Your Copuntry Needs You

Miss ya Big Guy

Stav
miss ya too bro

but i am not moving to AZ
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Great topic, a lot of good comments from all and still peaceful

One of the things that caught my attention was that somebody mentioned symantics...

Def: To sponsor something is to support an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services

Probably many RCers feel that being truley sponsored should only be earned with hard work, dedication, effort, positive attitude, proper promotion and sound ethics (the last is my favorite)... and maybe even to some extent an undefined amount of time in rank. For the most part, this is where I fit in too.

Sometimes it seems that too often what is wanted is instant gratification, everything the quick & easy way and that rewards should be given without effort or sacrafice.

I see no issue with TT. RC comradery, a way to share information & a like interest and yes, even potential buying power. So, by definition it probably does qualify as sponsorship; however, the symantics of the word and the definition of the word is something different for many of us.

But to digress... I started RC in the mid 80's bashing with a Tamiya Grasshoper and then racing with a Losi JRX2. I raced at a place in western NY called RC Cars & Guitars. I also played guitar... man that was one of the most awesome places to be when I was younger
Old 07-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #78
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Great topic, a lot of good comments from all and still peaceful

One of the things that caught my attention was that somebody mentioned symantics...

Def: To sponsor something is to support an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services

Probably many RCers feel that being truley sponsored should only be earned with hard work, dedication, effort, positive attitude, proper promotion and sound ethics (the last is my favorite)... and maybe even to some extent an undefined amount of time in rank. For the most part, this is where I fit in too.

Sometimes it seems that too often what is wanted is instant gratification, everything the quick & easy way and that rewards should be given without effort or sacrafice.

I see no issue with TT. RC comradery, a way to share information & a like interest and yes, even potential buying power. So, by definition it probably does qualify as sponsorship; however, the symantics of the word and the definition of the word is something different for many of us.

But to digress... I started RC in the mid 80's bashing with a Tamiya Grasshoper and then racing with a Losi JRX2. I raced at a place in western NY called RC Cars & Guitars. I also played guitar... man that was one of the most awesome places to be when I was younger
semantics: the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings

Which is what this is all about. Sponsorship vs discount program just sugar coating bro....

In the end its grown men and their toys.

***Team Terribles***Answer RC USA/Torco Race fuel
last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by last View Post
Couldn't agree more
Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #80
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Couldn't agree more
we race toy cars for bowling trophies how cool is that

in rc today there are sooooo many new products/companies that it is almost to the point of redundancy and overgrown but at the same time not grown enough to support all the racers . interesting huh?

i believe that a great product/s will speak for itself/theirselves but it needs to get to the masses . as i said earlier , doing this rc as a business and for monetary gain is very difficult and almost not worth the major effort involved but at the same time it is . (sorry)doing it for the shear prestige and getting your name known can also fall into the same category if you push your products too heavily on any given crowd.

all we can do is shoot for a relaxing buying experience for the customers and present yourself with a sense of coolness

happy motorin',
monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #81
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Is that an Imperial Gallon or US Gallon? (Hey, there are different levels of sponsorship!)
Almost a half bottle of 4litres, you can work out the imperial equivalent!! But hey its Nitro-X and it is known for great runtime!!!, Walker, Dykoff, Griffo and a lot more of the fast Aussie guys use it!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #82
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
miss ya too bro

but i am not moving to AZ

Aaw come on Monty, move to AZ. You will be really glad you did.

Mugen MBX-7 Novarossi Plus 4, Mugen MBX-6TR Novarossi P5
RC10 GT2 OS TG, RC10 B4.2 17.5, SC10 FT 13.5, RC10 T4.1 13.5
Joe_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #83
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Racer View Post
Aaw come on Monty, move to AZ. You will be really glad you did.
you offerin a 75k a year jobby job ?

Old 07-24-2009, 04:18 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by last View Post
Huh? You mean I have to be grown up now?

But I'm only 45!!!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote