R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What happened ??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/313998-what-happened.html)

houston 07-23-2009 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by stavman (Post 6107580)
Heck of a Thread Monty

You struck it rich again

Maybe you should look at The Senate or something:nod::nod::nod::nod: Your Copuntry Needs You

Miss ya Big Guy

Stav

miss ya too bro :)

but i am not moving to AZ :D

slakr 07-23-2009 05:29 PM

Great topic, a lot of good comments from all and still peaceful :lol:

One of the things that caught my attention was that somebody mentioned symantics...

Def: To sponsor something is to support an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services

Probably many RCers feel that being truley sponsored should only be earned with hard work, dedication, effort, positive attitude, proper promotion and sound ethics (the last is my favorite)... and maybe even to some extent an undefined amount of time in rank. For the most part, this is where I fit in too.

Sometimes it seems that too often what is wanted is instant gratification, everything the quick & easy way and that rewards should be given without effort or sacrafice.

I see no issue with TT. RC comradery, a way to share information & a like interest and yes, even potential buying power. So, by definition it probably does qualify as sponsorship; however, the symantics of the word and the definition of the word is something different for many of us.

But to digress... I started RC in the mid 80's bashing with a Tamiya Grasshoper and then racing with a Losi JRX2. I raced at a place in western NY called RC Cars & Guitars. I also played guitar... man that was one of the most awesome places to be when I was younger ;)

last 07-23-2009 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by slakr (Post 6108116)
Great topic, a lot of good comments from all and still peaceful :lol:

One of the things that caught my attention was that somebody mentioned symantics...

Def: To sponsor something is to support an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services

Probably many RCers feel that being truley sponsored should only be earned with hard work, dedication, effort, positive attitude, proper promotion and sound ethics (the last is my favorite)... and maybe even to some extent an undefined amount of time in rank. For the most part, this is where I fit in too.

Sometimes it seems that too often what is wanted is instant gratification, everything the quick & easy way and that rewards should be given without effort or sacrafice.

I see no issue with TT. RC comradery, a way to share information & a like interest and yes, even potential buying power. So, by definition it probably does qualify as sponsorship; however, the symantics of the word and the definition of the word is something different for many of us.

But to digress... I started RC in the mid 80's bashing with a Tamiya Grasshoper and then racing with a Losi JRX2. I raced at a place in western NY called RC Cars & Guitars. I also played guitar... man that was one of the most awesome places to be when I was younger ;)

semantics: the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings

Which is what this is all about. Sponsorship vs discount program just sugar coating bro....

In the end its grown men and their toys.:deathstar

slakr 07-23-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by last (Post 6108146)

Couldn't agree more :nod:

houston 07-23-2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by slakr (Post 6108210)
Couldn't agree more :nod:

we race toy cars for bowling trophies :nod: how cool is that :lol:

in rc today there are sooooo many new products/companies that it is almost to the point of redundancy and overgrown but at the same time not grown enough to support all the racers . interesting huh?

i believe that a great product/s will speak for itself/theirselves but it needs to get to the masses . as i said earlier , doing this rc as a business and for monetary gain is very difficult and almost not worth the major effort involved but at the same time it is :weird:. (sorry:lol:)doing it for the shear prestige and getting your name known can also fall into the same category if you push your products too heavily on any given crowd.

all we can do is shoot for a relaxing buying experience for the customers and present yourself with a sense of coolness :nod::cool:

happy motorin',
monty

Sam-E 07-23-2009 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 6107367)
Is that an Imperial Gallon or US Gallon? (Hey, there are different levels of sponsorship!) :D

Almost a half bottle of 4litres, you can work out the imperial equivalent!! But hey its Nitro-X and it is known for great runtime!!!, Walker, Dykoff, Griffo and a lot more of the fast Aussie guys use it!!!

Joe_Racer 07-23-2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 6107922)
miss ya too bro :)

but i am not moving to AZ :D

Aaw come on Monty, move to AZ. You will be really glad you did.:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

houston 07-23-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer (Post 6109547)
Aaw come on Monty, move to AZ. You will be really glad you did.:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

you offerin a 75k a year jobby job ?

;)

DOMIT 07-24-2009 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by last (Post 6108146)

Huh? You mean I have to be grown up now? :weird:

But I'm only 45!!! :cry: