Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Motor for $200????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buy the novarossi n21bf limited edition and the dynamite 086 hs pipe and you will be hooked up for $200. Nothing else will compare with the price range. Nothing !!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadracer43
Buy the novarossi n21bf limited edition and the dynamite 086 hs pipe and you will be hooked up for $200. Nothing else will compare with the price range. Nothing !!
Thats on the list for sure. And ive already got the Dynamite 086 pipe.. Sweet
Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Torian4000
Spend the extra $15 bucks and get the Axe Rossi Sport with the 2050 pipe for $214.99 at Amain. I use it as a back up but ran the combo in my MBX6 two weeks ago while my P5 was down and won the amain by two laps. It's not a punk engine! I used it last year in a Hyper St Pro and did well. It has very good torque for a 7 port sport motor with enough spunk to get you around the track. I'm not trying to say that it's a savior but it's enough. I usually run Novarossi P5's in my MBX6T and MBX6 but the Axe Rossi Sport is a good club racing motor or back up! Novarossi N21B is good as well but the Axe Rossi sport has a greater power band IMO. I have both as back ups!
Sorry dude. I ran Axe engines last year and will NEVER again. The one I had, were just so "yuck" that even the factory pros here gave up on tryin to get it tuned for me..... Out of all the engines listed so far this one ___________!

Last edited by token; 10-20-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Stupid question. But when a motor says "Modded" what exactly does that detail?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRIPC
is this the one you are talking about?? This one does and sounds pretty nice.. Hows the quality??

Yes that is the 1 I am talking about.. great engine if you have any questions about it I would be glad to help..
Old 07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Stupid question. But when a motor says "Modded" what exactly does that detail?

Here is what is done to the Ex-Tech Engines

Fully Modified Engines are blueprinted and hand assembled to guarantee precision parts fit, longest engine life and best possible performance. The exact same procedure as the Race Prepped engines except the following changes have been made to offer more usable rpm and power.

Connecting Rod is machined on Mill to be lightened, and then treated to strengthen and eliminate machining stresses.
Piston is lightened on Milling Machine while maintaining strength and integrity.
Crankshaft has undergone extensive R&D testing with different ratios of balance between the Crankshaft, Piston, and Rod assembly. All this testing has helped develop a lighter better-balanced crankshaft, while keeping proper crankshaft inertia for a smoother idle.
Port Timing has been adjusted to offer a more proportional feel across the bottom-end with a noticeable increase in the Mid and Upper rpm power. Usable rpm range is increase from 40,000rpm to 45,000rpm over stock.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

this one is tempting. Is that pipe any good???

Yes the Axe Rossi 2050 pipe is sweet and brings the low end and mid range to life on most 7 port motors. You can't go wrong with the N21B/086 combo either but I like the Axe Rossi combo better because of the more usable power band. Hope all the feedback from myself and others helps you to make an educated purchase. Just get a fast enough motor and work on your driving skills and you'll do fine.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

extech def is a good motor for the price...

and so is the nova bf..thats one screamer for 150 i would get it modded and you will have a little sleeper
Old 07-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token
Sorry dude. I ran Axe engines last year and will NEVER again. The two I had, were just so "yuck" that even the factory pros here gave up on them..... Out of all the engines listed so far this one ___________!

Token, I'm sorry you had issue with Axe Rossi bro. I'm only speaking from my experience. I run Novarossi exclusively for racing but I have a Axe Rossi Mamba, and two Axe Rossi Sport motors that have treated me well when I've had to use them. Axe Rossi motors do require a bit more TLC. I take them apart, rebuild them, seal em up good and they do fine.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KThatcher
Here is what is done to the Ex-Tech Engines

Fully Modified Engines are blueprinted and hand assembled to guarantee precision parts fit, longest engine life and best possible performance. The exact same procedure as the Race Prepped engines except the following changes have been made to offer more usable rpm and power.

Connecting Rod is machined on Mill to be lightened, and then treated to strengthen and eliminate machining stresses.
Piston is lightened on Milling Machine while maintaining strength and integrity.
Crankshaft has undergone extensive R&D testing with different ratios of balance between the Crankshaft, Piston, and Rod assembly. All this testing has helped develop a lighter better-balanced crankshaft, while keeping proper crankshaft inertia for a smoother idle.
Port Timing has been adjusted to offer a more proportional feel across the bottom-end with a noticeable increase in the Mid and Upper rpm power. Usable rpm range is increase from 40,000rpm to 45,000rpm over stock.

Just so I get this right. Fully Modded is timing etc etc....
tuned pre-run is just really broke in from the factory or what
Old 07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just to give you an idea of how good the n21 limited is, I have seen a guy run this motor in the open class of 1/8 latemodel, he is a heck of a driver as well but he waxed the a main field with it.

The extexh motor's can be good, and sometimes bad, it is hit and miss. I have replaced alot of crank filler in those motors due to the fact that the filler putty comes loose and sgreds into dust inside the motor.

The axe rossi motors are good but hit and miss IMO like the trinity, the carbs have a insulater around them that never seems to seat or seal very well.

The nova is the best choice just due to the performance it offers, just as fast as the axe if not faster, and they tune more consistantly than the extech imo, we offer a Race Plus sercice that will make that thing run like a killer P5, and the motor doesnt even look modded. ^^^^
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

How does the Nova compare to a VSPEC
Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

How does the Nova compare to a VSPEC
No comparison IMO. VSPEC has more power and better runtimes. N21b is ok for a short track where torque is king but it doesn't compare to a os vspec.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is the best version of an N21B motor you'll find. They were just right under $200, but they are getting hard to find.

http://www.jpracing.com/en/products/...n/JP_21_B3.php

I'm sure Monty from H.E.S. can build the same engine for you.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

The N21BF is the best motor for the money. Def prolly your best choice. MY brother has an AXE Rossi Mamba and it screams, awesome motor and very reliable. If i were you, i'd go with the Nova hands down...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.