Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS Vspec leaking oil.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default OS Vspec leaking oil.

Hey guys. My OS motor seems to be leaking oil out of the motor itself. I originally thought it was my exhaust gasket but after further inspection it looks like it is leaking from the motor itself.

I asked someone at the track and they told me to pull off the motor, pull off the back-plate and apply a small bit of high-temp adhesive to the tip of the plate before sliding it in.

does this sound accurate? I am looking for some extra opinions.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terzianator
Hey guys. My OS motor seems to be leaking oil out of the motor itself. I originally thought it was my exhaust gasket but after further inspection it looks like it is leaking from the motor itself.

I asked someone at the track and they told me to pull off the motor, pull off the back-plate and apply a small bit of high-temp adhesive to the tip of the plate before sliding it in.

I didn't know your OS used oil.

But yes you can try that, is it leaking from the front bearing? Or you could have the 2007 or older engine blocks and they can have some small cracks.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by terzianator

take it apart - clean good - then seal high temp Luck7 - Amain hobbies
Old 07-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I seal the backplate of every engine before I even break them in. Ihave been told not to do this on os engines but that didn't stop me. I usually seal the carb where it meets the block but I did not with my newest os speed because it uses an oring and I will just replace it. Permatex gold From any automotive store works well and so does the lucky7 sealant. Do yourself a favor and seal it.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

more than likely a cracked case