Good to hear!
"I know I can't drive!! You still ACT like you can!!"
JPierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (67%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supralative View Post
Good luck with the D8!! I have had mine since late October of last year and only broke one major thing and that was my fault. I have had the CVD issues but its nothing major as Hotbodies usually takes care of that. Only upgrade I did was ACE towers. I knew about the shock tower issue last year and was one of the first to bring up that issue. Alot of guys back then were saying no its not an issue, but as time went on alot realized it. We all wreck yes but to get Shawn from ACE to make such a good product and allow the buggy to finish is great. I use washers to hold my tank in place along with the rubber grommet. I also use washers to hold he outer hinge pins in place. I use even thinner washer to take up some space in the rear uprights and front spindle carrier. The buggy gets taken apart after every race weekend and cleaned. Its a good buggy dont give up on it just yet.
What size washers are you using with the outer hinge pins? Talking about the front spindles, I thought it was supposed to be a little bit of play in it??
Old 07-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
Tech Addict

On your cvd's, take them apart and use a dremel to bevel the inside edge of the drive cup where the ball end of the drive shaft goes. Someone posted it on here a while back and I tried it and have never broken one yet(knock on wood). As for your ball ends maybe check you steering end points and make sure its not binding at all. And, make sure you're droop screws are turned in enough to take hanging load off the shocks. The last two, you probably already checked, but thought I'd mention it.
Miniracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to supralative Send a message via Yahoo to supralative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane369 View Post
What size washers are you using with the outer hinge pins? Talking about the front spindles, I thought it was supposed to be a little bit of play in it??
Thickness I am not sure but they are thinner than the servo washers supplied with the kit. Diameter wise they are abit smaller then the washers you can use with the servo mounts. I use those washers to secure the hinge pins with the supplied button head screw.

I am not sure if there is suppose to be play or not but I just like my stuff abit firmer not tight where there is binding, but not a crazy amount of slop that a washer could take care of.
supralative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i got the buggy all fixed up with many extra spare parts. I took it out today and ran 4 tanks in a row without any problems at all. i suffered a few really bad crashes but all is well. I am glad i stuck with the D8 and didnt sell it last week like i had planned. thanks for all the help.
fievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

I knew you still loved your D8!!
"I know I can't drive!! You still ACT like you can!!"
JPierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fievel View Post
i got the buggy all fixed up with many extra spare parts. I took it out today and ran 4 tanks in a row without any problems at all. i suffered a few really bad crashes but all is well. I am glad i stuck with the D8 and didnt sell it last week like i had planned. thanks for all the help.

Remember, when you have those crashes where your like "wow how my car make it through that one" something maybe did not break but something on the car definitely got weakened.. So dont be suprised if your running next time and something breaks when you think it should not have..
Old 07-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yeah i realize that now. i have been getting better and faster everytime i go out to the track but that make my crashes just that much more spectacular. I will be going over my car tomorrow to check everything out. I also lost my steering servo so I will have to replace that. thanks for all the help.
fievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fievel View Post
i have broken a wing mount, but i dont really count this one cause it was a bad crash, the parts i break a lot are the steering ball ends (2 times) and the shock ball ends(4 times). i have also broken both of the front cvds along with two broken tanks. all of this has happened with in the last two weeks. they have all also occured by themselves so its not like i had one crash and all of this happened. its like a plague. I have started running the buggy almost everyday for the past two weeks. so i keep up with maintaining it. is this normal I havent been able to finish a race, it sucks paying $25 to get only 5 min of total race time. I really do love how this thing drives so i hope it works itself out. thanks again
steering ball ends take a lot of stress, are they breaking or stripping out or just popping out? i have hb inners and ae outers just to clear the wheels, no issues.

shock ends, again are they breaking or stripping out? if stripping out make sure threads are clean before you put on new end. also set the droop screw to catch the arm at the bottom. i've seen guys run full droop and no set screw and end up with a tendency to wobble around the track with a busted shock end.

front cvd's, sorry, 6 months and they are gonna be done, any brand. if you have epa maxed out it puts extra strain on them as they rotate. keep an eye on these and rebuild when they get sloppy.

broken tanks, where exactly? door, crack, clunk, nipple, mount? i had the rear screw pop off once, just pulled out over the head. installed bigger washer and issue done.

hope these help. maybe its time to retire this buggy and start a new chassis and keep this one for spares or practice/setup car.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

just noticed i'm 2 years late on this one. my bad.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote