Wiki Posts
Search

Losi re-11 pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Losi re-11 pipe

Just wondering if this is actually close to the 2060 pipe, as a-main states in their description, or if it is something totally different. I have the Ninja 2042 which is the same as the 2060, but I hate cleaning it so I may swap it out.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drewmugx5t
Just wondering if this is actually close to the 2060 pipe, as a-main states in their description, or if it is something totally different. I have the Ninja 2042 which is the same as the 2060, but I hate cleaning it so I may swap it out.
yes it is
Old 07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Most who have it as saying that it's a OS 2050 clone.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is it a legal pipe.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

You've got it backwards. The LOSI RE-10 is similar in design to the OS 2060, and the RE-11 is similar in design to the OS 2050. I ran the RE-11 on my Vspec and it worked very well. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

RE10 is not like the 2060, other things notwithstanding, they're shaped very differently. The RE10 looks more similar in shape to a Jammin JP1/2/3 pipe.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the re11 is a GREAT pipe on my vspec. and my friend has a older 2050 and it is EXCACTLY the same.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

our local rocket scientest wrote this about the re-11

Losi RE-11 at $65.00.

The shop I run for gets new pipes in all the time. I try and test every one of them and keep them so customers know what works and what does not before they make a purchase.

I too saw the double welds. They I used a little thought and questioned if Losi had done what I thought they had done. Very popular pipe discontinued?? I would have cloned it too.

With my 2050 sitting on the table.
I first measured the entry convergence cone. Perfect match.
I then probed the positive convergence cone. With a probe the measurements were a perfect match.
I could not measure the third chamber without cutting the pipe.
I measured through the cones holes and got a perfect match for the front of the pipe's inner walls. Perfect match.
Stinger ID matched.
Water displacement volume was the same as well.

I put it on a properly tuned Vspec in my car and just switched pipes. Not headers... OS sold the 2050 with two different headers so I used the same header for both to get the pipe comparison.

No change in tune... run temp within 2 degrees... exact same run time of 11.5minutes.

I would say it is pretty close but with better finish and damn good price to boot.

Without a Dyno this is the best I can do and share. I would like to see it on a dyno though.

This is the pipe I now run all of the time. Now they need to clone the 2060.
$165.00??? Are you freaking kidding me?

Hope this helps,
TEX
Old 07-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

btw, i run the re-11 on my v-spec and love it!
i gained over 3 1/2 minuts of run time over my jp-3 and feels more powerfull than it also.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck

Losi RE-11 at $65.00.

The shop I run for gets new pipes in all the time. I try and test every one of them and keep them so customers know what works and what does not before they make a purchase.

I too saw the double welds. They I used a little thought and questioned if Losi had done what I thought they had done. Very popular pipe discontinued?? I would have cloned it too.

I then probed the positive convergence cone. With a probe the measurements were a perfect match.
I measured through the cones holes and got a perfect match for the front of the pipe's inner walls. Perfect match.
Stinger ID matched.

I put it on a properly tuned Vspec in my car and just switched pipes. Not headers... OS sold the 2050 with two different headers so I used the same header for both to get the pipe comparison.

No change in tune... run temp within 2 degrees... exact same run time of 11.5minutes.

I would say it is pretty close but with better finish and damn good price to boot.

Without a Dyno this is the best I can do and share. I would like to see it on a dyno though.

Hope this helps,
TEX
"Local rocket scientist"

I would take Tex's word as gold.

And I know a LOT of folks who really like that pipe on the VSPEC.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck

Losi RE-11 at $65.00.

Stinger ID matched.

Hope this helps,
TEX
you test the re 10?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Drew- if you get an re-11, I'd love to test it, been eyeing one, it's just the whole "Losi" thing, LOL.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I know, putting a losi pipe on a mugen might be bad luck, but hey if it works........
Old 07-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

I have both pipes.. For the price they are the 2 of the best pipes out there. The RE-11 is an amazing pipe on my V-Spec VZB and the RE-10 just screams on my V-Spec Speed and the run times are insane.

Can't go wrong with either pipe even if you don't run them you can get both of them for the price of one OS pipe, and they are both copys of proven pipes, and they are durable as hell and the black finish makes them look clean even after hours upon hours of running.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re 11

the re 11 works great on a V spec in a truggy but you wold want to go to the re 10 for a buggy and I think you will be very happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.