R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i got the proline filter cause i had all the good things about it. and i put it together put it on my new motor i got started to brake it in and when it came time to put it on the track i drove it one tank came in to switch to a better carb and found out that the proline filter had dirt all on the inside of the little pipe thing and dirt was all on the inside of the carb. lucky for me the dirt did not get into the motor.

i switched back to the stock sh filter and its worked good ever since. i dont think i will ever go back to the proline filter.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Tech Master

of topic maybe...but would it be considered ok to run a prefilter made out of foam of another filter. i bought the xray 808 08 buggy...and it obviously had the normal high profile round 2 stage air filter. a then bought the 09 spec upgrade witch includes the low profile two stage air filter. now i reckoned that i could use the outer filter of the 08 filter and pull it over the stage 1 and 2 09 without oiling it to create a pre filter. when i breathe through it it seems the same...what do you guys think?
Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MotorSavers are USA made and patent. Alot of hitech research was done on
the unique mesh screen housing and the foam filter. They will allow your engine to breath better with out clogging due to the screen mesh housing and larger foam suface area. Stock air filters are usually made in China. Racers and people at the track are always amazed when I pit at 10
minutes-plus. They will increase your engine performace and
mileage. I bring atleast two to the track; one for practice and qualifying and one for the mains.
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
of topic maybe...but would it be considered ok to run a prefilter made out of foam of another filter. i bought the xray 808 08 buggy...and it obviously had the normal high profile round 2 stage air filter. a then bought the 09 spec upgrade witch includes the low profile two stage air filter. now i reckoned that i could use the outer filter of the 08 filter and pull it over the stage 1 and 2 09 without oiling it to create a pre filter. when i breathe through it it seems the same...what do you guys think?
Yes that would work. Or/and run one of these,.. you will be all set then. LOL.

You can get them on fleebay as I'm sure you already know...
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
Yes that would work. Or/and run one of these,.. you will be all set then. LOL.

You can get them on fleebay as I'm sure you already know...
i love those covers. i'd say they're a must have on really dusty tracks. it's amazing how much dirt those things keep out on on their own. whenever i take mine off for washing, my outer and inner filters are always still looking clean.
unsp0ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I also had bad experiences with motor saver filters. I just use an ofna one and I've had no issues.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777

cost you twice the amount as a normal filter.....have twice the chance of letting dirt into your mill....they're kinda like the jeff gordon of air filters...they get the job done very well...just high maintainence and dainty
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #23
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have used the motorsaver filter system for about 2 yrs. It has worked very very well. I like the fact that these filters have increased surface area becuase they are just larger. I always put a new inner and outer element at the beginning of every race day. I also like the way it draws air in from the end and not just all around. I have heard peoe complain about them and I could never undrstand why. I crash with the best of them and I have not had the filter come apart. I don't understand how it comes apart or fails. Can somene explain this further. Thanks.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone used the Power save Racing foams on the Low profile Proline filters? Do they work well? Thanks click here
herb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Power Save Racing filters are the best Ive used. I havent used the exact ones you posted but I have used them in the Xray and RC8 housings and they fit BETTER than the stock foams. I like them a lot and their all I want to run.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

motor saver filters are very good filters i have ran them and ran FOR them for the past year. They are simply outstanding.

as for the issue with the back side of the airfilter not sealing. you need to put the airfilter assembly on all the way... keep pushing the filter on till you hear a click sound, then apply a shim or two before the body clip.i have ran them all summer in my truggy, no issues.

sorry to hear of your issues, make sure the bases are sealed by adding a shim or two and the filter will work very well.