Wiki Posts
Search

What needs to be done to the LOSI 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default What needs to be done to the LOSI 2.0T

Hey guys

Well I picked up my new LOSI 2.0Truggy a few hours ago and before I start my build would like to know what needs to be done to it. I have seen some people saying something about the servo saver, rear diff bearings and shimming the diffs (which I still have no idea what this means) etc.

Please let me know on what parts I need as I would like to get it going 100% before I take it out on the track...

THANK YOU!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Let US! build em...from scratch.

PS- I don't run TL and know very little about em. Just had to add my .02
Old 05-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think I made the wrong decision going with the LOSI 2.0 Truggy as it isn't dialed out of the box, I have read some of the stuff on the LOSI 2.0T thread and so much has to be done it is actually disappointing me, I wish I went for the MBX6T
Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RUF-VK
I think I made the wrong decision going with the LOSI 2.0 Truggy as it isn't dialed out of the box, I have read some of the stuff on the LOSI 2.0T thread and so much has to be done it is actually disappointing me, I wish I went for the MBX6T
Losi truck is one of the best out there, yes you need to take care of a couple of things, but after you drive it you will notice how well it handles and say "wow".

All these issues have been already discussed on the 8T 2.0 thread, since I'm lazy and don't like to use the search function I'll help you out:

1.- Change all for shock ends
2.- Replace camber screws on shock towers for longer ones.
3.- Replace servo saver spring for the 1.0 (too stiff)
4.- Replace rear hubs or have them modified (this one is debatable)
5.- Replace screws on wing (too short)

I've raced my truck for over two months, and never had a DNF or DNS cause of my truck breaking or something popping out, I just did the preventive maintenance and have yet to be dissapointed.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel
Losi truck is one of the best out there, yes you need to take care of a couple of things, but after you drive it you will notice how well it handles and say "wow".

All these issues have been already discussed on the 8T 2.0 thread, since I'm lazy and don't like to use the search function I'll help you out:

1.- Change all for shock ends
2.- Replace camber screws on shock towers for longer ones.
3.- Replace servo saver spring for the 1.0 (too stiff)
4.- Replace rear hubs or have them modified (this one is debatable)
5.- Replace screws on wing (too short)

I've raced my truck for over two months, and never had a DNF or DNS cause of my truck breaking or something popping out, I just did the preventive maintenance and have yet to be dissapointed.
Thats about what I did and I€ added some alum hop ups too and a couple smart diffs and adj toe blocks but these are not necessary. I do have to say I am very consistent with this truck. My lap times are improving and staying very consistent. Recently I beat the hell out of the truck and bent many screws, turned the rear outer hingepins into L's and busted a rear shock tower and ripped the tower out of the rear gearbox where the 2 screws mount to it. I sitll finished and in 1st I might add. This truck works well and it will take a beating. That particular track is the only track I have ever broken a shock tower but this is the second time I have raced there and 2 broken shock towers, May be the dirt is harder in Marysville, CA. All I know is no DNF from this 8T 2.0 I love it.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Frank what smartdiff setup are you running, and what are your tracks like-size, dirt type, etc.
Thanks
Jason
Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (98%+)

sell it and buy a ASSOCIATED RC8T
Old 05-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P.LOWERY
sell it and buy a ASSOCIATED RC8T
I dont know about you, but wherever I race, the 8ight-T pretty much owns the A-mains.

Haven't seen many dialed Associateds yet.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What probs have you been having that make you want to flame the losi, every vehicle out there has its quirks. Once you get those figured out the losi is a dream to drive FAST, it likes to be pushed hard into the corners, I carry so much more corner entry speed with my losi than I did with my k-car. If its not handling great check the ride height, the losi is extremely picky on its ride height other than that it just run and runs and runs-kind of like the energizer bunny!!
Only prob I have had was the shock ends, be sure to measure shock length as compared to droop, so that you don't have pressure on your shocks at full droop, other than that I have replaced the rear wheel bearings once and had no probs, loctite wing mopunt bolts or replace them with longer ones, chech stiffness of servo saver-i haven't touched mine and had no servo issues. The losi truck is much easier to drive, and when I'm relaxed I can go faster
Old 05-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Dude, any truggy you get out there will need some personal touches to make it feel dialed to your driving style. With the 2.0 being pre built yes it could be alittle tichy but this is one of the BEST truggies out there.

There is two things I did with my 2.0 and have not had a problem yet...

1) change ALL the wheel bearing - call Horizion and they will send you a new set - they were just a bad bunch of bearings -
2) change out the shock ends - again Horizion sent me a set.

I have not done yet but everyone tell me that I should do it:
Replace camber screws on shock towers for longer ones.

the servo saver spring is optional - I use Ace servos and have not had a problem with steering on about 6 races

Just remember that with any truck - you have to have patience and learn how to drive it and set it up. If you want to be a contender - it takes alot a time to get everything set up just right for you.

Even if you get the mugen you will still need to take you time and set ip up right........
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The 8t 2.0 doesn't really require much.

1) Replace all shock ends
2) Get the alum servo horn both for servo and the steering rack
3) King Headz rear bearing carriers

Go win some races. The truck is very durable and definitely handles great.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you feel like your having some issues beyond normal send it to me(check out my speed shop thread), from the sounds of things( I was reading that you did not know what shimming meant) your still pretty new. I'll go through your truck for you @ no charge to help yo get going. All you will need to do is get the stuff to and from me. I'll also be glad to help you with any questions you might have

Talk to ya soon!

[email protected]
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I raced jammin before I switched to the losi. I was anti losi the whole time too. I got mine and was told that it will take about a gallon to seat the chassis and all the stuff in. It is true. It will be a pos the first night you drive it but it does get better! Be paitent and it will reward you. If Mugen keeps pushing back there release everyone will be buying a Losi I had my friend go buy a losi due to the pushback and we seen th MOOGen race in vegas at silverstate. . Let it loosen up be dilluigent on the ride heights 42mm rear 39 mm front change the shock ends and the oil in the shocks and check your servo saver and outdrive bearings and run it. AKa city /beam is an awesome choice. I race at the nitro pit and this is an awesome truck for shorter tracks it may be better if you put the adj hinge pins in it to get some more oomph on smaller tracks but so far it just rips A$$. This may start some poop but I think losi it the R/c's Honda so.... ride red or race home? ha ha enjoy the losi and take it one weekend ata a time. -Darrin
Old 05-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone supply links to the things I need because as you may notice I am pretty new and am from Australia so I need to buy these things from the US on an online store...

Thank you for all your help guys
Old 05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I've been involved in R/C cars off and on since the mid 1980's. Over the yrs I've had dozens of on road and offroad nitro and electric cars and trucks. EVERY r/c car on the market has its own quirks or issues. If you are not patient or willing to deal with that, then you did make the wrong choice, but not just on buying the 8T 2.0 ...You're in the wrong hobby! Use the info you read in the threads and inform yourself on how to fix the issues and you'll have a red hot truggy! Mine is on the way and I am very excited!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.