R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst2c View Post
Ok. I'll make something up and see how it works out. Thanks again!
Again, you arent looking for total weight (as some weight will get transferred to 2x4 as well), just match the corner weights and try to keep everything as square and equally distanced as possible.
TCS Edge crawler, Tekin 35T and FX-R ESC.
Yokomo MR4TC BD, no electronics.
Devilbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Check out the MyWeigh scales at http://www.oldwillknott.com

He has the best prices on scales. Check his EBay store on eBay first as that's where he'll blow out scales super cheap. I have the MyWeigh 6001 and the MyWeigh 7001 that I use for shipping packages. But I've used them for years to weigh all sorts or R/C stuff. At one time I was addicted to losing weight on my LiteRace T-Maxx I built years ago. I built the lightest T-Maxx that I know of. It actually spawned off a LiteRace Maxx craze until the Truggies came out and put a nail in the coffin for MT racing....LOL

The scales are accurate to one gram (or 0.1 oz's).

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default The weight screwed up my device

I found some cool weight transducers that looked like they would be perfect for some digital scales. However I couldn't get them to work as they are only good to about 2lbs. I've seen one company that makes some. It comes with one scale and jackstands for the other wheels. Some of the drag racers buy 4 sets to get 4 scales. I think its Integey that has the scale set-up for R/C cars. I'm looking for some bigger transducers for my little experiment. I have a embedded development board that you use to get the circuit going then it can be burned into a microprocessor to make up a system. From what I've seen its better to have a scale on each wheel instead of just using one. For one thing you can add weight and see what it does real time instead of taking 4 reading with the additional time spent moving the rig around. It would cost about 40 bucks in parts single quantity prices to build up a 4 wheel digital set. So its in the range that companies could make them and make a profit and stay in the 100 buck range. I guess that there are no transducers that are of sufficient range. Once you find those the rest is easy. Even buying a complete development board only adds about 40 bucks to the cost. Single chip embedded design is the way to go on this one.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote