R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
It seems like an ongoing trend with tracks disappearing. I've had 3 tracks disappear that were local to me within the same year. I built mine with the promises from "so called friends" that they were going to run on it all the time and I had about 3 visits and that's it. I wasted a ton of my time and a considerable amount of money for the track to not be used. I'm fixing to clear mine off this summer and plant grass back there.
I personally race 2 or 3 weekends a month usually. Sometimes not, I do have a real life that interferes... but usually.

JCG was the "good weather" track and Indy the "incliment weather" track. Now we will have only Indy.

It is amazing that we don't have more pariticpation here... we had about 6 local drivers at the ROAR nats, there are a LOT of fast folks around here. I'm wondering if that doesn't intimidate the new guys a bit...
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Just a reminder folks... come on out!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

man, I hate to hear as well....

With that said. I think we should start a thread somewhere that talks about things like this. Maybe just a thread full of ideas, etc...

In my area tracks open in backyards all the time. The people that open them don't take the time to think about what they are doing in the long run. So we have about 15 tracks in Alabama. With nearly 5 million people we have approx 200 active racers spread across the state. Most are in the Central area and we have 5-6 tracks in that area. Everything is so diluted. Turnouts are down in the 10-20 range, racers get little back, spend 10-15 hours at a track, long drives, no bathrooms, etc...

I think my area needs a true "facility" one that can host large races, has a world class track, bathrooms, food close, not 50 miles out in the country, etc..

Tracks and Hobby shops I feel also need to do mass promoting to younger children.

I have a lot of cool ideas I would like to share. Someone start it up....
Old 07-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to NICK2765

someone should take it over
Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #20
Tech Adept

WE SHOULD HAVE A BIG RACE LIKE THAT. YOUNG GUNS VS OLD FARTS
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfman View Post
WE SHOULD HAVE A BIG RACE LIKE THAT. YOUNG GUNS VS OLD FARTS

Ummm... most of us old farts know not to mess with you by now. (He won sportsman buggy in this race.)

Partial "Team Terribles" results from that race:

Ron Fleck Jr. TQ and 1st in Expert Truggy with a lap on the field, including Monster Truck National Champion Tim Roberts.

Pablo Tejada 1st in Expert Buggy.

Doug Gilreath 5th in Expert Buggy.

Ron Fleck Jr. DNF Expert Buggy. (Not sure of final position)

Ron Fleck Sr. 2nd in Sportsman Truggy.

Brad Smith (me) 6th in Sportsman Truggy, with DNF. (Running 4th when I broke.)

Josh Glancy (Halfman) 1st in Sportsman Buggy.

Wes Young 1st in B main, bump, DNF Sportsman Buggy. (not sure of final position.)

And... we stayed at the track consuming "adult beverages" until about 6:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Its sad but is hard to keep up and running as well as a hobby shop. I hate to hear it.
bigde2001 is offline   Reply With Quote