R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Remember to ALWAYS center the flywheel at bottom dead center (or as close as you can get it by feel) when you finish running. It will make your engine last a LOT longer. (Top you have resistance, bottom is 180 degrees from that. Rotate the flywheel over with your finger, and center it in the part where you don't feel resistance.)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I always leave it at BDC when I finish for the day, if its going to be 3+ days before I use it again I put some after run oil as well.

I am hoping to run another tank through it tonight but it gets dark early at the moment. This will be tank number 3 so its still on the rich side.

I plan to start tuning it in after tank 5 or 6 which hopefully it should be fully broken in.
sperera is offline   Reply With Quote