Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T FeedBack Needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC8T FeedBack Needed!!

Ok i am looking into buying a New RC8T from my local hobby shop.But I need to know what parts break easly?? What parts i should have in stock just in case??What setups do you use like shock oil and diff wise??

I read about it in Extreme RC Magazine and they spoke VERY highly of it.I am upgrading from Monster truck.I already have a T4 so i was wanting to be all Team Associated stuff.Just because I am a fan of AE but Not Maifield after his incident at the Roar Electric Nats..But anyways..So...

Give Me Your Feedback on this truck..Help Me Out A Little.

Thanks!!

And dont Tell me to get a different truck like Loosi..
Old 07-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Great choice, very nice truck. Start off with the Base setup and work from there. Remember that Tires will be your most important thing when trying to get it to work at your track.

Currently in my Truggy i'm running the stock setup with these changes:
7/7/3 diff fluid(front to rear)
42.5Wt oil in the front shocks, 40 in the rear. Front shocks are stood up as much as i can get them. And wing position is laid down and all the way foward--actually only using 2 screws to hold it on instead of 4, furthest back holes on the wing in the furthest forward holes on the mount.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks For The Quick Feedback "megasaxon"..I hope to compare feedbacks and determine what i am going to run for my particular track
Old 07-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

let me share this to you its been 10 mons. of practicing & racing i would say 2 weak parts for this truck 1st the front lower arms it bend but it wont crack what i mean is that were using pipe here in our track so sometimes i landed on top of the pipe but if your using flexy hose so i guess your not gnna have problem 2nd is the center cva's ,the front & rear cva bone it worn pretty fast due to "better acceleration'' than the other trucks ...........& my friends told me that they like the way the rc8t (corner speed) you can push it hard w/ no problem on the corners they say better than strr sorry to say that but thats there opinion ....................hope it helps
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Me and my mate have been running RC8T's for 6 months now, and the only thing that we have damaged is we have bent a front shock shaft, The cars handles great, and its on rails
Old 07-17-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by MBR52
Me and my mate have been running RC8T's for 6 months now, and the only thing that we have damaged is we have bent a front shock shaft, The cars handles great, and its on rails
Wot about rear hub carriers brownie? They are prone to breakage, after all you did change to M2C ones...
Old 07-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by GRANPA 67
Wot about rear hub carriers brownie? They are prone to breakage, after all you did change to M2C ones...
I raced 2 meets with the standard hub carriers and never broke a single one...... I only changed co i heard of that problem, but in the two shows i raced, it never occured on my car
Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

The weak point i found in the truck is the rear outer hinge pins, i've bent both sides twice. Need to get the titanium ones for it. I broke a rear hub carrier, but i found out that it was because of a bent hinge pin, it stressed it until it split the bottom of it. Right now my center CVDS are bent a little, from chassis flewx i think, but not a big deal. Other weak link i found is the screws that hold the steering knuckles to the caster blocks. Make sure you put some locktite on them, mine would back out sometimes during a race and i'd loose the little slug that goes in there. Thats about it, just keep it clean and drive it hard!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

My brother has the RC8T and from what ive seen its a very durable truck. I don't think he's had one DNF with it. He did complain about the rear chassis brace getting sloppy quick. when I watch it on the track it looks very planted, and the thing looks like it steers like a shopping cart, very sharp.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Awesome Truggy indeed. Their is a reason why the AE camp has won lots of races. Great handling truck and turns super sharp....great on power steering as well.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by megasaxon
The weak point i found in the truck is the rear outer hinge pins, i've bent both sides twice. Need to get the titanium ones for it. I broke a rear hub carrier, but i found out that it was because of a bent hinge pin, it stressed it until it split the bottom of it. Right now my center CVDS are bent a little, from chassis flewx i think, but not a big deal. Other weak link i found is the screws that hold the steering knuckles to the caster blocks. Make sure you put some locktite on them, mine would back out sometimes during a race and i'd loose the little slug that goes in there. Thats about it, just keep it clean and drive it hard!
+1 the only other problem I have had is the rear chassis brace I changed it to the plastic rtr brace and have not had a problems since