Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pbs VS c-hub

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I have driven all three styles of front end on a lot of different cars and all can work well. It's nice to be able to adjust the caster with clips trackside with the PB. The C-hub and Losi designs allow for the ability to change the length of the upper link on some cars which you cannot do with the PB.

casevac - I am hoping to do just the opposite. I want to drop the Mugen and pick up the 801x. Not because there is anything wrong with the x6, it's a great buggy. I just like the looks of the 801 buggy.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sstoffer
The C-hub and Losi designs allow for the ability to change the length of the upper link on some cars which you cannot do with the PB. .

screw top pillow ball to shorten... unscrew to lengthen... am I missing sthing here?

Paul
Old 07-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar

screw top pillow ball to shorten... unscrew to lengthen... am I missing sthing here?

Paul
That will change the actual wheel camber not the length of the camber link, think of it like changing the rear mbx6 link length without effecting the wheel camber.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK so then you just unscrew the top and bottom togeather. That is why the bottom one has a spacer on the MBX6
Old 07-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
That will change the actual wheel camber not the length of the camber link, think of it like changing the rear mbx6 link length without effecting the wheel camber.
D'uh... sure. Brain fart
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sstoffer
casevac - I am hoping to do just the opposite. I want to drop the Mugen and pick up the 801x. Not because there is anything wrong with the x6, it's a great buggy. I just like the looks of the 801 buggy.
The 801X is awesome, really love it! However, parts supply make restrictions on my training. So if this doesent get any better - soon, I'll be a X6 or 808 owner soon.
The 801X is like a mugen with C-hubs and straight drivetrain, and yes: tilted engine.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killabud
OK so then you just unscrew the top and bottom togeather. That is why the bottom one has a spacer on the MBX6
I was talking about changing the length of the upper link. I know there is some adjustment in the PBS but it is very small compared to the adjustment of camber link lengths on the other designs, and to maintain camber with the PBS you must adjust track width.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

I could answer the questions because we are one of the few that offered both pivot ball and C-Hub for a while. After driving them both, we have noticed a significant difference and since it is the exact same car, etc....there are things that both do differently and that is all I will say about it.

Since we have a reputation for great handling for virtually anyone, I will say that Caster will happily remain pillowball.

I also noticed that we have only sold 6 pillowball replacements over the past year and a half. Either we are not having the bending issue that was mentioned, or it doesn't seem to matter on our buggies/truggies. Heck, we still have them in red labeled packages...lol. That was 3 labels ago.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

1/2 of those 6 are probably in for spares, covered in dust. the other 3 are from us guys that dremeled the knuckle then decided to go back cause it was not necessary.