Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Will my engine be all right? >

Will my engine be all right?

Will my engine be all right?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Will my engine be all right?

I have a Macstar .28 engine and my starter mechanism is lunched. I starter box is shipping from Ohio and has been for almost a week. No starter mechanism means I cannot clear my engine of fuel or work AR oil into my engine internals. I removed the glow plug, put a lot of AR oil in the engine, and turned the flywheel about 3 times with my finger (which is all I could manage). Should I put some in the carb too? I'm hoping my engine will not be dead or seriously compromised.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just chill. youll be fine. 9 times out of 10 i forget to put after run in my engines and in two weeks when i start them up they start up quicker than ever. if your really that worried take apart the engine
Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sokar
I have a Macstar .28 engine and my starter mechanism is lunched. I starter box is shipping from Ohio and has been for almost a week. No starter mechanism means I cannot clear my engine of fuel or work AR oil into my engine internals. I removed the glow plug, put a lot of AR oil in the engine, and turned the flywheel about 3 times with my finger (which is all I could manage). Should I put some in the carb too? I'm hoping my engine will not be dead or seriously compromised.
Youll be ok , just put oil in like you did and remove the fuel line and pull the glow plug out and trun the flywheel by hand 5 or 6 time get and you will be ok . if you forget to oil from time to time youll be ok.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1
your ok!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

+2 you are ok. Last season I ran sidewinder fuel and never, never, never used afterrun oil. Engine was running strong at 7 gallons when I sold it.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You are fine. I rarely use ARO. Only when storing it for an extended period of time.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no do not put any more oil in the carby or anywhere. You already have enough. I put to much oil in there one time (like you i was nervous) took forever to start and had to retune it (i put a LOT). it could soak your plug too.

Now it's definitley still ok, don't start trying to take the oil that you put in out. Just leave it alone.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dreaux
no do not put any more oil in the carby or anywhere. You already have enough. I put to much oil in there one time (like you i was nervous) took forever to start and had to retune it (i put a LOT). it could soak your plug too.

Now it's definitley still ok, don't start trying to take the oil that you put in out. Just leave it alone.
By A lot I meant a few drops. Not a whole lot. By the way, why should't I put oil in the carb? How else do I coat the internal engine parts?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sokar
By A lot I meant a few drops. Not a whole lot. By the way, why should't I put oil in the carb? How else do I coat the internal engine parts?
Point is not to avoid putting it into the carb, but to avoid putting too much in. The couple drops you already used will be plenty.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what he said ^