R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Smart Diff Center T 2.0 Help

Installed and center smart diff setup front and back diff are stock roller setup running two .15 springs but the front tires are ballooning

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 07-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
Tech Adept
 
Stanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Installed and center smart diff setup front and back diff are stock roller setup running two .15 springs but the front tires are ballooning
Sounds like you may have crushed the springs or they arent seated right. Take it apart and look close with a light and a magnifying glass. I had issues when I first started with the .15's and can tell you its easy to crush them. They are made to screw into the holes. Look close at them. One end is larger than the other.
__________________
Horizon Hobby/Spektrum/Byrons/TLR/Houstons Engine Service
Stanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
Sounds like you may have crushed the springs or they arent seated right. Take it apart and look close with a light and a magnifying glass. I had issues when I first started with the .15's and can tell you its easy to crush them. They are made to screw into the holes. Look close at them. One end is larger than the other.
This is how I rebuild them, it seems to work for me but the springs do have to be in the right spot.

What I do is assemble the sd on the bench, the plate that holds the spider gears then I put the gears in and pit the springs in and get them lined up I like to pit a little sd grease in the holes where the springs go. Once I am certain I have the springs lined up I set the assembly on the ramp plate and then top it with the other ramp plate. So now I have the whole assembly built on the bench. Next very carefully I lower the diff cup overthe assembley until it sits properly. Next I flip it over being careful to keep it all togeather and fill with sd grease. Last I place the gasket and ring or spur gear on top press it togeather and hold it togeather until I get a screw in it. Then I breathe. That's the way I have been rebuilding them and it seems to work pretty well for me. The rear diff is just heaven to rebuild now and I use to hate to rebuild the reg diffs. If you have a better technique or twist please let me know because I hate rebuilding these diffs.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
What I do is assemble the sd on the bench, the plate that holds the spider gears then I put the gears in and pit the springs in and get them lined up I like to pit a little sd grease in the holes where the springs go. Once I am certain I have the springs lined up I set the assembly on the ramp plate and then top it with the other ramp plate. So now I have the whole assembly built on the bench. Next very carefully I lower the diff cup overthe assembley until it sits properly. Next I flip it over being careful to keep it all togeather and fill with sd grease. Last I place the gasket and ring or spur gear on top press it togeather and hold it togeather until I get a screw in it.
+1
__________________
SC8 - BCE - MRT GRP .21 - Factory Team carbon and aluminium options
SC10 - Nosram Matrix Evolution ISTC ESC - Factory Team options

Concept Racing Team Driver
plod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Thanks for all the help I'll break down the diff using all the information provided.
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8IGHT 2.0! BAUSTIN Nitro Off-Road 14679 09-12-2015 07:58 AM
8T 2.0 polarismaster Nitro Off-Road 15880 02-02-2015 10:31 AM
Losi Smart Diff Frank L Nitro Off-Road 580 06-25-2013 11:01 AM
Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0 Sylvain Nitro Off-Road 545 05-30-2010 05:57 PM
HPI Firestorm Official Thread. dracy69 Electric Off-Road 33 08-06-2007 12:46 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net