R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Smart Diff Center T 2.0 Help

Installed and center smart diff setup front and back diff are stock roller setup running two .15 springs but the front tires are ballooning

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 07-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Installed and center smart diff setup front and back diff are stock roller setup running two .15 springs but the front tires are ballooning
Sounds like you may have crushed the springs or they arent seated right. Take it apart and look close with a light and a magnifying glass. I had issues when I first started with the .15's and can tell you its easy to crush them. They are made to screw into the holes. Look close at them. One end is larger than the other.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
Sounds like you may have crushed the springs or they arent seated right. Take it apart and look close with a light and a magnifying glass. I had issues when I first started with the .15's and can tell you its easy to crush them. They are made to screw into the holes. Look close at them. One end is larger than the other.
This is how I rebuild them, it seems to work for me but the springs do have to be in the right spot.

What I do is assemble the sd on the bench, the plate that holds the spider gears then I put the gears in and pit the springs in and get them lined up I like to pit a little sd grease in the holes where the springs go. Once I am certain I have the springs lined up I set the assembly on the ramp plate and then top it with the other ramp plate. So now I have the whole assembly built on the bench. Next very carefully I lower the diff cup overthe assembley until it sits properly. Next I flip it over being careful to keep it all togeather and fill with sd grease. Last I place the gasket and ring or spur gear on top press it togeather and hold it togeather until I get a screw in it. Then I breathe. That's the way I have been rebuilding them and it seems to work pretty well for me. The rear diff is just heaven to rebuild now and I use to hate to rebuild the reg diffs. If you have a better technique or twist please let me know because I hate rebuilding these diffs.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
What I do is assemble the sd on the bench, the plate that holds the spider gears then I put the gears in and pit the springs in and get them lined up I like to pit a little sd grease in the holes where the springs go. Once I am certain I have the springs lined up I set the assembly on the ramp plate and then top it with the other ramp plate. So now I have the whole assembly built on the bench. Next very carefully I lower the diff cup overthe assembley until it sits properly. Next I flip it over being careful to keep it all togeather and fill with sd grease. Last I place the gasket and ring or spur gear on top press it togeather and hold it togeather until I get a screw in it.
+1

Concept Racing Team Driver
plod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Thanks for all the help I'll break down the diff using all the information provided.