Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Who makes the highest quality engine? >

Who makes the highest quality engine?

Who makes the highest quality engine?

Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Who makes the highest quality engine?

sirio, novarossi, o.s., rb, grp, ofna

most mottors are made by thease companies. Jamin is ofna, extech is sirio, ninja o.s., etc. I am really bustin my balls doing research on engines, trying to get real people feedback. I don't want the fastest or strongest, but the best quality with longevity and performance. This would be a better way i think to choose a engine then whatever the hot mill may be. so i am looking for in this order: I have a vspec but from what people tell me, they are not the same quality of say a nova. so let's say i have around 400$ to spend on a mill alone, consider this

1. quality / this has to be number one. If this is top notch so will every other attribute of the engine

2. longevity / the rod on a speed is like 75$$$ ( the speed is near the top of the list, but in the end just might be to much for me. And it's not the money either. well maybe a little)

3. performance / this really is very important to me. but if i have to give a little here for a longer lasting better built mill then so be it.

4. ease of tunning / not a big deal

I am really liking the extech for some reason. I don't know why but the ninja isn't doing much for me. I already have a vspec. thinking about the toro nerro. Maybe a plus 4 but i saw it at the track and was not impressed. However the grp i saw was impressive
Old 07-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

would i be right if i said sirio made the highest quality? I mean it is italian after all
Old 07-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

nevermind. I just saw a pic of extech with a sleeve broke in half
Old 07-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

OS speed. Thats why it cost 500 big ones. You cant put that big of a price on an engine and not build it with quality. OS Speed.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

And I had a nova with a busted O-ring in the carb out of the box.

Things happen to every manufacture.

It's a problem when you hear a lot of people saying the same thing has gone wrong with their motor.

I think that a motor that will but a grin on your face every time you use it would be a Jammin Jpx .21 modded by clockwork. Those things are stupid fast, have a good life span, and are easy to tune.
Plus if you ever have a question all you got to do is ask maximo and he'll have an answer for you.

No, jammin is not ofna. It's made by Picco.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

This will undoubtedly start a big debate and is still highly opinionated even after the guidelines you've given. You'll get a vote for every single one of those as they are all decent engines but I'm gonna bet right now you get the most votes for novarossi or RB (provided the 2009 engines are the same quality as the last seasons before Rody left the company). I searched for several months last year and decided for my budget a RB S5L2G but don't have the money this year being laid off. The only thing an RB won't meet for you is the piston/sleeve is something like $125 but you should get 7-10 gallons out of it if you treat it right. Good luck
Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

novarossi plus 4 all the way
Tech Elite

I knew that was going to be the answer. I guess i was hoping i could find a way around buying a speed.

oh well.

I want a motor i can rebuild indefinitley (reletivley)

time to break the bank.
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The best engine is the one that gets the best run times, has enough power to keep you in the race and doesn't flame out

You can get a lemon from any brand no matter how much you pay, and you can get the best engine you will ever wish for for $100..To label one company the "best" would not be fair..theres too many awesome engines out there, but remember its not what you get, its how you use it..I race with a sponsored OFNA driver, he uses $120 SH engines and kicks ass!!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dreaux
nevermind. I just saw a pic of extech with a sleeve broke in half
So?! Maybe some idiot did that. This is what will distract you from making a good decision. Find 2-10 broken sleeves then you know to stay away. I'll admit that a sleeve is pretty extreme and a new one to me but do you know why it happened?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

i didn't realize 4 people posted before i did again. I would rather stay away from modded motors but will look up clockwork to see whats up. Rb i hear good things about. Same with nova. I think extech is out. Really i just saw a pic of a sleeve broke straight in half
Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bjr48
So?! Maybe some idiot did that. This is what will distract you from making a good decision. Find 2-10 broken sleeves then you know to stay away. I'll admit that a sleeve is pretty extreme and a new one to me but do you know why it happened?
No i don't. Besides i wasn't being litteral. I have a busted .26 up on the shelf from learning how to tune

Besides i have heard nothing but good things about siro and extech
Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
The best engine is the one that gets the best run times, has enough power to keep you in the race and doesn't flame out

You can get a lemon from any brand no matter how much you pay, and you can get the best engine you will ever wish for for $100..To label one company the "best" would not be fair..theres too many awesome engines out there, but remember its not what you get, its how you use it..I race with a sponsored OFNA driver, he uses $120 SH engines and kicks ass!!!!!
what do you race with jazz? Just curious.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

can someone tell me what the differences are between the vspec and ninja?? Performance wise. The ninja is smoother? the vspec more bottom?

man this hobby is addictive.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Right now I have a stock V-spec and a Hyper .21 8 port as a back up, and I just bought a Nova +4 but have not begun break in yet..I will be putting a N21BF limited in my tight track 808 ($150) and just for the record Clockwork engines are insane and tough to handle the power

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.