Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Dreaux did your v-spec die ? or do you just wont a new motor
go for the Speed IMO you can't beat a O.S. v-spec speed if you
want some thing more get a Pro Twister Mod v-spec
Old 07-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Right now I have a stock V-spec and a Hyper .21 8 port as a back up, and I just bought a Nova +4 but have not begun break in yet..I will be putting a N21BF limited in my tight track 808 ($150) and just for the record Clockwork engines are insane and tough to handle the power
i cannot find clockwork modds or engines. Do they have a website?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cary
Dreaux did your v-spec die ? or do you just wont a new motor
go for the Speed IMO you can't beat a O.S. v-spec speed if you
want some thing more get a Pro Twister Mod v-spec
No vspec running strong. Over the 5 gallon mark. Learned alot on this engine. Besides i want something new/ different. I know i could win with a vspec. And when it's all said and done might just get another vspec or speed. I think i want to stay away from a modded motor for the time being. But who knows when i might change my mind he he he
Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I dont think so..Send a PM to MAXIMO his name is Neil, he is the owner and the Modder..I would advise if you want a modded engine to go with Pro Twister Mods..Brian makes usable power engines that are modded for run times and whatnot..Neil mostly makes insane power engines that spin tires
Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

what price range do those clockwork jpx's go for?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

nova plus 4 i know ever one says but it feel soft on the bottom it dose but it usable power on the track i can run my plus 4 for a round and then put my ninja in for the next round and you will notice that my lap time with the plus 4 are 3 sec if not more faster because it has usable power not retarded stupid power that has me blowing conors and tires of the rim
Old 07-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Lord

The following is directly from Neil (clockwork)

Well thank for your interest in my work...... I have several modified engine packages that I am offering.....

Race Mod... this engine is modified for mileage and track use... Flow modifications done to sleeve and crank, as well as slight timing alterations to the crank...I charge $75.00 for this level.....or I can supply a NIB Jammin JPX .21 for $300.00

Stage 1... This engine is modified for a blend of power and track manners...it is definitely more aggressive then a race mod, but still manageable under race conditions...This motor has altered sleeve and crank timing, as well as some mild port re-shaping on leading transfer ports......I have several video's available of both my Stage 1 JPX .21 as well as .28....runtime is still very good and better then stock...... I charge $110.00 for this modification...or $335.00 for NIB stage 1 JPX .21

I then have a stage 2 modification, this motor is very aggressive, and nearly undriveable in a buggy.. It has a hard hitting bottom end and a top that will rival some onroad .21's..This motor has its own unique exhaust note that turns heads every time its unleashed down a straightaway ...it idles great, tunes easy and is good on fuel, but the powerband is abrupt and can be difficult to modulate at times...this motor likes to be opened up and it shows when your driving it...... Its like having a shot of Nitrous all of the time LOL !!!... this motor has all the modifications of the stage 1, but has more aggressive port timing re-configurations as well as more aggressive leading transfer shaping...as well it has a enlarged exhaust port, increased crank bore, lightened and filled crank inlet.... I charge $160.00 for this modification or i can supply a stage 2 JPX .21 for $385.00........ If you race Truggy this .21 is awesome, it truly feels closer to a good .28 then it does to a .21..it sounds awesome and gets excellent runtime for its power output..it will run down every 28 i have tested to date....

Anyways my name is Neal Smith, feel free to contact me at 1-204-487-3241..... I would love to do an engine for you !
Maximo is offline Forward Message
Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running some AB modded SH engines, I like em, I have heard really good things about clockworks' work, just have not tried them yet. For the money, right now you cannot beat a modded SH engine...They are fast..last a long time, and can pull a speed on the top end, not by much..but for half the price, how can you go wrong..you need to run a torque pipe on them, they lack some punch in the low end, they are quiet..but deadly fast...
Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

the only jammin motors i see are made by ofna not picco. Did i miss something?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Getting back to the OP's question, Novarossi is the best hands town in terms of quality. OS come close but that's about it. Now before all the fans of other engines start bashing me, I'm not saying they are the best for whatever kind of racing you are doing (though in my opinion they are) I'm just saying the quality is the best.

P.S. you mentioned RB in the original post. They are Novarossi made except for a couple Sirio based onroad motors.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

In all honestly, Novarossi is probably the top of the pile when it comes to engines; they aren't the world's biggest microengine supplier for nothing. You may also notice that other brands like RB, JP, etc are actually fabricated by Novarossi to these companies' own specifications, and if you look hard enough, most of the big name engine companies have a "Rossi" family name on their payroll somewhere... At times you have to wonder if it isn't a thinly-veiled Rossi monopoly business

In all seriousness though, they seem to be the most consistent, excellent quality, fabulous longevity, and easy to tune. This is not meant to detract from other firms who also do great stuff.

You seem to have an inkling for an OS, which makes a great little mill too; the dyno curve on the OS mills (especially the Speed) is mighty impressive, these seem to also be very easy to tune. Their biggest drawback though is longevity.

Another italian brand you might want to look at is Picco. These guys are highly under-rated and make exceptional mills. Very powerful, but a bit harder on mileage than a Nova.
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
OFNA doesn't make motors, they are made by Picco.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fast11970
I have been running some AB modded SH engines, I like em, I have heard really good things about clockworks' work, just have not tried them yet. For the money, right now you cannot beat a modded SH engine...They are fast..last a long time, and can pull a speed on the top end, not by much..but for half the price, how can you go wrong..you need to run a torque pipe on them, they lack some punch in the low end, they are quiet..but deadly fast...
Your Lil bro is the driver I was referencing with the SH $120 engines..That boy can fly!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
OFNA doesn't make motors, they are made by Picco.
that would be similar the mugen making a ninja?? Yea, i don't know how i missed that.

I have a .26 picco that was RETARDED on the bottom. I think the jammin will even be better. THey have good longevity? are parts really expensive? Well i will go look at that myself. Hold on.

oh well the only part i found really was the rear bearing for 50$
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dreaux
Picco makes them to Jammins specs and Ofna imports them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.